Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association
Board of Directors Meeting
September 28, 2010
The meeting was called to order at 7:05pm by John Wruble. The Board Members present were Linda North, Jeri Martin, and Scott Paul. Joy Church, bookkeeper, was also present.
King County Sheriff’s Report: There was no report this month. However, burglaries are on the rise in our area and all residents are reminded to make sure doors and windows, especially garage doors are closed and locked when not in use. It is also recommended that vehicles be parked in garages whenever possible. There was a burglary reported in The Gables this month and other suspicious activity observed. If you become concerned about any suspicious activity it is best to report it to 911.
Fire District: There was no report this month.
Bookkeeper/Treasurer Report: Joy Church reported that another CD has matured as of 9/28/2010. It was approved to roll it over again. A review of the P&L showed that most budgeted line items for 2010 were in line with the exception of the special projects line. The list of unpaid HOA dues has not changed much since last month. Our attorney is working at placing liens on 3 delinquent homeowners. There are 4 other homeowners on which there is a strong possibility that the lien process will be started this next month.
A discussion was held on the possibility of raising the annual HOA dues for 2012.
Landscaping Report: Scott Paul reported that there was nothing out of the ordinary happening last month. He has contacted Malone’s to reduce the height of the arborvitaes at the Gables entrance and clean the trail between Gables and Woodward. We have not yet received a bid on gravel for the path across the street from the Tot Lot in Gables.
We had Eastside Tree Works come out and inspect the trees in the greenbelt area to determine if any needed to be trimmed or removed in order to avoid any eminent danger to the homes. A bid was received and reviewed which recommended height reduction and pruning of several trees. We will wait until we have received at least one additional bid before making a final decision on the work to be done. John Wruble is working with the arborists on this project.
Architectural Control Report: Jeri Martin reported that there were two new requests approved this month. One was to remove a tree on the lot line next to the open area, another to remove and replace some overgrown hedges. One property had previously been approved to paint the trim. The project was completed and accepted. One resident was to remove 2 tree trunks from trees previously cut down. That project was also completed and accepted. There is still one project that was not approved that needs to be reduced in size or removed. The homeowners have been notified of the necessary action they need to take.
Jeri reported that the overall feedback on the homeowner “report cards” received earlier this year has been positive. A few residents contacted her for clarification. It has been noticed that homeowners are doing a better job of keeping their property clean, neat, and a lot of homes being painted.
- The Annual Meeting is scheduled for 7:00 pm, Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at the Nativity Lutheran Church. We urge all residents to attend and we are looking for volunteers to serve on the Board and Committees.
- Block Party – cancelled due to inclement weather. We will plan for this event to be held earlier in the season next year.
- Halloween Party – Rain or shine, this annual event will be held on Sunday, October 31, 2010 from 6:30pm until 7:30pm at the Sport Court in Woodward. There will be treat bags for all the kids attending as well as dessert provided for everyone. Come applaud the costume parade put on by the children. This is truly a fun event to attend, even if you do not have young children.
- New Residents – John has welcomed the new residents in The Gables
- Sport Court Net – It has been brought to our attention that the net in the Sport Court needs to be replaced. This will be discussed at the Annual Meeting and the project assigned to the new committee member.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30pm. The next meeting is the Annual Meeting which will be held at 7:00pm at the Nativity Lutheran Church on Tuesday, October 26, 2010. All residents are highly encouraged to attend.