Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association
September 25, 2012
The meeting was called to order at 8:10pm by Dale Prior. Dale, Linda North, Chris Rodrigues, and Heidi Adamson were present. Also present was Joy Church, Bookkeeper. The minutes were read and approved after two typos were corrected.
King County Sheriff’s Report: No report was submitted this month.
Fire District 40 Report: No report was submitted this month.
Bookkeeper/Treasurer Report: Joy Church reviewed the Profit & Loss and Budget reports. She had a few questions to clarify that some of the expenses were listed under the correct line. She reported there were two closed home sales this month with another potential pending. It was also decided we will start paying our insurance premium annually which will save monthly service charges.
Once our current delinquent accounts are sent to the collection agency she will condense the monthly report to the Board, to merely reflect the balances owing.
Landscaping Report: Rob was not present but sent the following report. Malone’s continues to complete recommendations from the early summer site walk. They have completed the pruning at the entrance to the Woodward shrubs and trees. The next walk with them is scheduled for early October and will include:
- Fall/Spring projects at entrance to Woodward and Sport Court
- Overgrown tree removal behind the entrance to The Gables
- Shrub pruning at Sport Court, especially arborvitae along fence to manage height and shape
- Overall quality of maintenance being provided
Several light bulbs at both entrances will be changed out. Chris will also be replacing the batteries on the mole movers at the entrance to The Gables.
Architectural Control Report: Heidi reported were no new requests this month and the previous two house requests have been approved. There will be a 2nd inspection of properties done in the near future to determine if compliance issues addressed with the last round have been corrected. Homeowners not in compliance will again we contacted.
- Stop/Yield sign in The Gables – Dale will make one more attempt to see if we can get this project completed.
- Sport Court improvements – Chris has found and will purchase a container to store the net and sports equipment.
- Review current liens – To date there have been no responses from our “Last notice” letter sent earlier this month. Those delinquent accounts not paid in full or arrangements made for payment, will be sent to our collection agency after October 13th.
- Discuss handling our own liens – Linda will make some inquiries to see what all is involved in placing our own property liens on those accounts that become 2 or more years delinquent.
- Collections Future Policies – There have been a few changes suggested to our collection policy. The Board agreed to the changes and will present them to the homeowners at the Annual Meeting for further discussion and approval.
- Review annual meeting proxy/ballot (issues candidates) – The review was done and everything approved. Heidi will get the packet together and mailed to all homeowners on Wednesday, September 26th.
- Plan Halloween contest – Chris will get together with one of the neighbors who has been previously involved in this very popular and well attended event and get plans completed. Linda has also agreed to assist where needed.Remember, this event will take place on October 31st at 6:00pm at the Sport Court.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:35pm. The Board meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of every month. The Annual Meeting will be held on October 23, 2012 at 7:00 at Nativity Lutheran Church. We highly encourage all our homeowners to attend.