Elliott Farm Home Owner Association
Annual Meeting Minutes
October 27th, 2009
The Meeting was called to order at 7:04pm by Dale Prior.
- Board Members present: Dale Prior, Laurie Wu, Rob Wick and John Wruble
- Also present Joy Church (Bookkeeper) and several residents
- Last month’s meeting minutes were read and approved
- Battalion chief Karl Rufener was present to provide report
- October was fire prevention month
- Several questions asked by residents.
- Clarification of fire burning regulations were provided
- Sheriff’s office not present at meeting.
- Fairwood Community Crime Watch Newsletter was mentioned to the residents as a monthly source. If interested please provide email address to the EFHOA secretary and it will be sent to you each month. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Financial Report: Laurie Wu/Joy Church
- Month-to-date financials presented and each line item discussed. No major issues.
- Laurie Wu thanked Joy Church for her help throughout the year.
- HOA dues, late payments and enforcement process reviewed.
- Proposed 2010 annual budget was presented to the home owners.
- Additional sport court maintenance was asked by homeowners.
- Composite material was suggested for replacing bench slats at the tot lot and sport court.
- Paddle ball paddles and balls are missing. Replacements will be purchased.
- A request was made to consider a bus shelter for the Elliott Farm school bus stops on 140th.
- The 2010 budget was unanimously approved.
Landscaping Report: Rob Wick
- Rob discussed the general landscape activities and stated Malone’s was doing ok.
- The winter snow did not do much damage so replacement costs were less than anticipated.
- More money was spent on irrigation this year; plant replacement costs would’ve been higher.
- Water lines in common areas are being prepared for winter.
- The arborvitaes at the sport court are going to be trimmed again.
- Home owner asked who was responsible for maintenance on the sport court retaining wall. Discussion ensued and whose property it was on was unclear. It will be discussed further at the next board meeting.
- Discussion was held regarding how to manage snow and ice this coming year. One suggestion was to have salt and sand available for homeowners placed in small shelters at Woodward and Gables entrance. Further discussion will be held at the next board meeting.
- Increased rabbit population was discussed and the question was asked if a service could be retained to help reduce.
- Rob mentioned it was his last year on the board and a replacement would be needed.
Architecture Control Report: John Wruble
- No major compliance issues active.
- Two ACC request submitted for house painting. They were approved.
- General overall condition of the resident properties is good. Some minor compliance issues continue, primarily trash and recycle containers being left visible to the front. Several homes were painted this year. Some without proper submission of the ACC form.
- A question was asked regarding any trends on window leaks. Some noted but no trend seemed to be present.
- It was noted that a source for fireplace blower fans is known. Contact the board if interested.
- Damage to the sport court was primarily caused by fireworks and normal wear. A discussion of assessing fines for lighting fire works on the sport court was suggested. Further discussion will be held at the next board meeting.
- Dale Prior discussed the state of the HOA. This is Dale’s last term on the board.
- The two projects budgeted for next year were discussed; Replacement of the mail boxes and the Gables front entry improvements.
- The need was stated for volunteers to help on the committees and open board positions.
- Three home owners volunteered for positions: Jeri Martin volunteered for the Social committee and for the Architectural Control Committee. Scott Paul volunteered for landscaping committee and Linda North for Secretary.
- Halloween costume contest will be held on 10/31 at the sport court.
Meeting adjourned at approximately 8:40 pm
- Next Meeting will be at the Nativity Lutheran Church Tuesday, November 24th at 7:00 pm
- Residents are encouraged to attend.