November 23, 2010

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

Board of Directors Meeting

November 23, 2010

http://elliottfarmhoa.org

 

The meeting was called to order at 7:04pm by John Wruble. The Board members present were Linda North, John Wruble, Laurie Wu, Scott Paul, and Jeri Martin. The minutes of our last meeting were read and approved after two minor corrections were noted.

 

King County Sheriff’s Report: No report is provided this month.

 

Fire District 40 Report: No report is provided this month.

 

Bookkeeper/Treasurer Report: There was no report provided by our bookkeeper, Joy Church, at this time due to inclement weather. It will be presented via e-mail later this month and posted on the website. John stated he will be putting together a budget summary for the coming years that will show how much increase in HOA dues starting in 2012 will be required, if any.

 

Landscaping Report: Scott Paul reported there was nothing to report at this time. There was a discussion regarding the seasonal planting currently being done at The Gables entrance. We are considering replacing the seasonal planting with more permanent plants. Linda agreed to measure and come up with several suggestions for the area which will be easy maintenance and continue looking nice throughout the year.

 

Scott will talk with Malone’s to be sure they will trim back the pampas grass along 140th near the entrance to The Gables. John will speak with one of the homeowners about getting their hedge trimmed back further since it is difficult to see oncoming traffic at the intersection. He will also talk with the county to see if there is a need to install a stop sign at the corner of 141st to 154th.

 

Architectural Control Report: Jeri Martin reported there had been no new submissions this past month and that there are still two remaining issues that need homeowner attention. She is attempting to make contact with them to discuss the issues.

 

We are still having an issue with residents not bringing their trash cans back in and out of sight from the street after the trash has been picked-up. Please make arrangements to take care of this each week.

 

Old Business:

  • The Halloween party was a big success again this year with over 50 kids and adults attending. Thanks go to Laurie Wu, Joyce Keil, Andrea O’Brien, and Jeri Martin for their work at making this event so successful again this year.
  • CR & R’s have been given to a homeowner who volunteered to go over them and change any wording, spelling, etc., to bring them up to date.
  • E-mail list has been given to Bruce King, our webmaster to have it formatted so we can start sending e-mails to all residents on issues that concern the homeowners association.
  • Tree Maintenance in the common area – John has received a bid from Matt’s Tree Service, LLC to have some trees in the greenbelt removed or trimmed in order to avoid any eminent danger to the homes. This bid is much more in line with what is felt needs to be done and much more financially acceptable. This project will be included on our projects list for 2011.

 

New Business:

  • Smoke AlarmsWhile checking and replacing the batteries in the smoke detectors a homeowner determined that some had failed. After research it was discovered that our smoke detectors have a projected life of 10 years. Homeowners should test and consider replacing them. Since they are all interconnected in each home, all should be replaced at the same time. One homeowner had 6 to replace and reported the cost to be around $80.00.
  • Third Board Position – Laurie Wu has agreed to stay on the Board until someone else volunteers and can take on the position as treasurer. We have one position open and are looking for a volunteer. If you are interested in helping our home owner association please contact one of the board members to discuss.
  • Officer Assignments – A motion was made and approved that all Board members retain their current positions for the following year.
  • Snow Removal Equipment – We are reminded that there are two boxes containing snow removal equipment, one near the entrance to Woodward, and another near the Tot Lot in The Gables. The de-icer was used on the hill at the entrance to Woodward during this last storm and residents reported it made some difference. John will be purchasing more to replace what was used. Thanks to whoever spread it around and to John for replenishing our supply.
  • Fence replacement – It has been noted that the fence on the downhill side of the entrance to The Gables is in need of repair or replacement. It will need to be determined who owns the fence.  John will check into this and report back to the Board.
  • Christmas Decorating Contest – We will be having our annual Christmas decorating contest again this year. It was suggested that we have the winners of last years’ contest judge for this year. Linda will be in contact the homeowners to see if they want to judge. The judging will be done on Sunday December 19th between 6:00 and 7:00pm. The judges will meet at Linda’s house around 7:15 to go over the results and award the winners. There will be winners in the following categories:

o        Best yard display – Woodward

o        Best yard display – The Gables

o        Most creative use of lights – Woodward

o        Most creative use of lights – The Gables

o        Overall Grand Prize winner

 

The meeting was adjourned at 8:25pm. There will be no meeting in December. The next meeting will be held at 7:00pm at the Nativity Lutheran Church on Tuesday, January 25, 2011. Residents are encouraged to attend.