May 26, 2012

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

May 26, 2012

http://elliottfarmhoa.org

 

The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Dale Prior. Dale, Linda North, Chris Rodrigues, Heidi Adamson, and Rob Wick were present. Joy Church, bookkeeper, was also present. The minutes were read and approved as written.

 

 

King County Sheriff’s Report: No report was provided this month.

 

Fire District 40 Report: No report was provided this month.

 

Bookkeeper/Treasurer Report: Joy Church reported that only 1 full payment was received in May, but there were a few who paid a portion with notes saying they would bring the account current in the next month. Joy asked us to review the policy regarding sending out monthly statements so she is sure to be doing this accurately and consistently, which she is.

 

Landscaping Report: Rob Wick has agreed to take over this important position. He will contact Malone’s and introduce himself and go over everything with them. He will also discuss having them replace some of the overgrown shrubs they had to remove earlier this year. He will also look into having a drain pipe installed at the Tot Lot to help remove the excessive spring water which is making some of the play area a bog.

 

The aerating and thatching project was very successful with numerous homeowners taking advantage of the equipment for their lawns. We will be offering this free service to homeowners again next year. We feel it is good use of some of our HOA dues. Thank you to Chris and Dale for heading up and seeing this project through. We also wish to express our thanks to Ace Hardware for providing the equipment. They not only delivered and picked it up, but gave us an extra day+ to use the equipment, at no extra charge.

 

Rob will review the arborist reports on removing some trees in the green belt they felt need attention. The bids were very high and it is felt in some cases not necessary at this time. If you have trees near your property that are of concern they could be causing eminent danger to your property, please contact Rob at landscaping@elliottfarmhoa.org.

 

An additional 20 yards of mulch was ordered and delivered prior to May 5th. A big thank you goes out to Dale Prior (who moved at least half of it himself!), Shawn Martin and family, Scott Paul, John Roberts, Gordon Hill, and John and Becky Wruble for helping with this project.  If you haven’t seen how nice all our open areas look now, please take a moment to enjoy.

 

Architectural Control Report: Chris and Dale reported that 4 requests were submitted last month and all have been approved. If you are planning on doing any improvements or alterations to the exterior of your house or property, including painting, please submit a request to them for approval prior to starting the project. Requests can be sent to architectural@elliottfarmhoa.org.

 

The Gables neighborhood has been walked and violations on various homes observed. There will be a report card given to those who are out of compliance with our CCR’s within the next few weeks. Members of the board will be walking Woodward in the next few days and also giving out report cards on those properties not in compliance. As our homes and landscaping age, it is very important that we continue to be aware of those things which need improving or replacing. By doing so, it helps make our area a more desirable place to live and ultimately helps with the value of our homes.

 

Old Business:

  • Stop/yield signs – Dale has been unable to make contact to see how this project is coming along but will continue his attempts.
  • Sport Court improvements – All the new equipment is here. Dale and Rob will be installing it after the sport court and basket ball hoops have been pressure washed. Chris will also be cleaning the Tot Lot play equipment.

New Business:

  • Handling liens and future collections – Heidi is continuing to look at collection agencies to determine what they will do for us if we make the final decision to proceed with turning our delinquent accounts over to them. Again, we encourage any homeowners who are having a problem paying these dues to contact a Board member so we can help make arrangements to get your account current.
  • Playground safety check – Rob will be inspecting all the play equipment on both the Tot Lot and Sport Court to assure they are safe for continued use.
  • Determine a date for Garage Sale – The date chosen for our neighborhood garage sale is July 6, 7, & 8. There will be other neighborhood garage sales in the area during this time and it is hoped this will bring increased traffic to our area. So, save the date and all your useable unwanted “stuff” and hopefully make yourself some extra cash during this time!
  • No Soliciting signs – It was again asked by a homeowner that we revisit this issue and consider having “No soliciting” signs installed at the entrances to our neighborhood. It has been determined that these signs are ineffective and that the more effective way of handling this issue is to place a sign on the front of your home near the front door and door bell.

 

We would like to point out that being observant to what is going on around our neighborhood is extremely important and one of the best ways we help keep unwanted individuals out of our area. Recently two vigilant neighbors noticed unwanted individuals roaming the area. One was able to distract and stall them while the other called 911. The sheriff responded and escorted the unwanted persons from our area. Positive results and we send a thank you to these neighbors!

 

The meeting was adjourned at 8:30pm. The Board meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of every month. The next board meeting will be held on June 26th at 7:00pm at the Nativity Lutheran Church. Residents are encouraged to attend.