June 26, 2012

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

June 26, 2012

http://elliottfarmhoa.org

 

The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Dale Prior. Dale, Linda North, Chris Rodrigues, Heidi Adamson, and Rob Wick were present.  The minutes were read and approved as written.

 

King County Sheriff’s Report:  No report was provided this month.

 

Fire District 40 Report:  Brian McGee from the fire department talked with us regarding 4th of July safety. Fireworks are illegal in the city of Renton. Only safe, approved fireworks are allowed in the county. He could not stress safety enough, since every year several people are seriously injured and many fires accidentally set. He also reported there were significant fire calls in May, several being house fires. Smoking and improper disposal of BBQ ashes are a main concern.

 

The Renton Fire Department will be introducing a new Explorer Post program in the near future. It is an opportunity for youth between the ages of 14-20 who would like more exposure for a future career in community service. They will be learning about leadership skills, handling tasks around the fire house, as well as other related duties. More information will be posted on the Renton Fire Department web site in the near future.

 

Bookkeeper/Treasurer Report: A review of the financials was done. There is no new activity to report at this time.  Heidi has contacted realtors who have homes listed in our area to alert them to the CCR’s as well as any existing unpaid homeowner dues. She is setting up a tracking sheet on all delinquent accounts which will show us at a glance the status of each account.

 

Heidi will be contacting our attorney to get an update on all liens we have placed and determine what if any collection activity they have been working on. She also brought us information regarding a collection agency with which she has worked successfully. We will all review the information and make a final decision about using them to handle our delinquent accounts.

 

Landscaping Report: Rob met with Amanda, of Malone’s and walked both neighborhoods with her. He pointed out that the path in the Gables needs weed control and cleaning up, a dead tree near the Tot Lot needs to be taken down and the ivy needs trimming back. There are several trees that need pruning as well. Near the entrance to Woodward, several cedar trees need pruning back and there are a few arborvitaes’ that need to be replaced at both entrances. Rob will also ask her to give us a bid on fixing the water problem at the Tot Lot.

 

On the recent walk through the neighborhoods, it was discovered that the green belt trees have greatly encroached onto the adjoining property, including some trees which are lying against their roof. Chris, Rob, and Dale have agreed they will get a work party together and get this matter cleared out.

 

It was decided we will have Malone’s enhance and replace over grown shrubs around the Sport Court, as well as see about improving the irrigation system. He also reported that the annual back flow testing has been done for all of our irrigation systems.

 

Architectural Control Report: Heidi Adamson has taken over the responsibilities of this committee.  A letter will be sent to every homeowner reminding them of the CCR’s and their responsibility to stay in compliance with them, as well as a copy of the request for approval form. There have been instances in the past, homes were painted using unapproved colors and had to be repainted at the owner’s expense.

 

We did a review of the neighborhood walk around and found that some owners were not pleased with the report given them,  but for the most part the reviews were taken with a positive attitude. We will be following up in 30-45 days to see if corrections are being made. It is extremely important, especially during this down turn in the market, that each of us do everything we can to help keep our neighborhoods looking top notch, thus enhancing the value of our properties.

 

Old Business:

  • Stop/Yield signs – Dale has continued to be unsuccessful in getting any information on the timing for these signs. He will send a letter, letting them know of our dissatisfaction with their handling of this matter. If we hear nothing back, we will drop the matter at this time.
  • Sport Court Improvements – The new equipment is here. We are waiting to install it until the court and existing equipment have been pressure washed. It was also suggested we look into having the surface sealed and repainted. Dale has received some information on this and will review it for next month’s meeting.
  • Review current liens – As stated above, Heidi will get current information from the attorney and we are looking at placing all delinquent accounts into collections.
  • Discuss handling our own liens – Postponed until a future meeting
  • Discuss garage sale preparations – Remember, we will be having a neighborhood garage sale July 6, 7, & 8. Linda will make or have signs made to place at The Gables and Woodward entrances. Hopefully we’ll all be successful and make a little extra cash!

New Business:

  • Discuss 2013 budget items (common areas, legal, and community relations) – A long discussion was held regarding the budget and future expected expenditures. A few line items will be added which will better clarify what the reserves will be used for.
  • Form for nominating committee for Director elections in October- To be continued next month
  • Discuss/plan National Night Out event – This event will be held at the Tot Lot in the Gables on Tuesday, August 7th. It will be an ice cream social and all residents are invited to attend. The past few years we’ve had a very large turnout and would love to see all our neighbors and their kids again this year. Linda will be responsible for getting flyers in the mailbox boxes and around to each homeowner. Chris and Dale will get the ice cream.
  • Review importance of submitting architectural forms before progressing with a project As stated above, each homeowner will receive a letter stating the importance of this part of our CCR’s. If you have questions, please contact any member of the Board.

 

The meeting was adjourned at 9:20pm. The Board meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of every month. The next Board meeting will be held on July 24th at 7:00pm at Nativity Lutheran Church. Residents are encouraged to attend.