June 26, 2001

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

Board Meeting

June 26, 2001

 

 

 

 

 

  1. The meeting was called to order at 7:10 p.m.

 

  1. The following Board members were present:Dale Prior, Russ Stocek, Lynn Martin, Rod Moore, Shawn Martin, John Ross, Sherry Rosenlund, Allen Revenig.  Board members Jim Nold, and Brent Beardall were not in attendance.  Homeowner David Shorr observed the meeting

 

  1. The minutes from the Annual Meeting were read and unanimously approved by the Board.

 

  1. The June 2001 financial statement was reviewed and unanimously approved by the Board.Shawn Martin recommended that association funds be moved to an interest-bearing account.  The Board concurred with the proposal.

 

  1. Dale Prior recommended that the Association mailbox be moved to a U.S. Postal Service box, to allow for extended hours pickup.The Board concurred with the proposal.

 

  1. Dale Prior announced proposed Board member positions.The following positions were approved by the Board, with one dissenting vote.

 

  1. Dale Prior – President
  2. Russ Stocek – Vice President
  3. Brent Beardall – Treasurer
  4. Lynn Martin – Secretary
  5. Rod Moore – Social Committee Chairman
  6. Shawn Martin – Landscaping Committee Chairman
  7. John Ross – Architectural Committee Chairman
  8. Jim Nold – 140th Way Construction Project Liaison
  9. Sherry Rosenlund – Community Relations Liaison
  10. Allen Revenig – At Large Member (Architectural Committee, Security)

 

  1. David Shorr recommended that a reminder notice be given to the homeowners concerning the requirement to submit plans to the Board (Architectural Committee) for any major building project.

 

  1. Sherry Rosenlund recommended that a reminder also be given regarding the prohibition of parking on the street.

 

  1. Responsibilities for each of the Board positions were discussed.

 

  1. President – Chair meetings.Ensure Board commitments and tasks are completed.
  2. Vice President – Fill in during the absence of the President.Provide input at all Board meetings.
  3. Treasurer – Maintain financial records for association, providing monthly updates to the Board.Ensure all financial obligations are met in a timely manner.
  4. Social Committee Chairman – Coordinate all social events, neighborhood beautification events.
  5. Community Relations Liaison – Establish “welcome” packages for newly arrived homeowners.Monitor homeowner sales, and contact the Treasurer to ensure association dues are current at closing.  Establish departure communication for homeowners who are moving.
  6. Architectural Committee Chairman – Ensure all submission are brought to the Board for decision on a monthly basis.
  7. Landscaping Committee Chairman – Will be responsible for all common properties.Will monitor landscaping contractors.

 

  1. Dale Prior proposed that all association expenditures in excess of $100 be first approved by the Board.The motion was seconded and unanimously approved.

 

  1. Neither representative from Fire District 40 or King County Sheriff’s Department were in attendance.

 

  1. Old Business

 

  1. Dale Prior stated that he would contact Jim Nold about the 140th Way Construction Project.
  2. Homeowner David Shorr provided two concerns to be addressed with the county with regard to the 140th Way construction.  He stated that the current configuration of the entrance to the Gables is extremely dangerous.  When traveling uphill toward Fairwood, drivers making a left turn into the Gables cannot see oncoming traffic.  Mr. Shorr also indicated that the homes at 14100, 14106 and 14112 – 154th Place have had their lawns and sidewalks damaged by construction.  Lynn Martin recommended that a letter be sent to the county before the next Board meeting, expressing the Association’s concerns.
  3. John Ross brought plans before the board, submitted by Jeff and Diane Lewis, for the construction of a playhouse in the back yard.John Ross and Allen Revenig will contact the homeowners on either side of the property to confirm that there is no objection to the construction.  Under the condition that neither neighboring homeowner objects, the Board unanimously approved the construction.
  4. Dale Prior indicated that he had done some initial pricing of trashcans for the Sport Court and the Gazebo.Shawn Martin agreed follow-up on the proposal and make recommendations to the Board at the July meeting.
  5. Dale Prior indicated that he had posted “no trespassing” signs around the Gazebo.A discussion ensued regarding the current location and usage of the Gazebo.  It was recommended that a social event be held at the Gazebo to encourage homeowners to become familiar with and use the area.

 

  1. New Business

 

  1. It was reported to the Board that the Tot Lot is being watered too heavily.Shawn Martin indicated he would correct the problem.
  2. Dale Prior proposed that the monthly minutes and notices to homeowners be published in the Fairwood Flyer.The monthly newspaper will be mailed to all homeowners with a cost to the Association of approximately $60 per month.  The Board unanimously approved the proposal.  Sherry Rosenlund will contact the paper to coordinate publication.
  3. Dale Prior advised the Board that the Association had been asked to consider participating in a contract with a local Security company to provide 24 hour security of the neighborhoods.Such a contract will require approval by vote of the homeowners.  Allen Revenig agreed to contact the Security Liaisons for neighboring homeowner associations to obtain additional details and report back to the Board at the next meeting.
  4. Dale Prior proposed a neighborhood “Golf Day” as a social event.
  5. It was noted that the website for the Association has changed in the past year.

 

  1. There being no further business before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 8:40pm.