Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association
July 27, 2004
The meeting was called to order at: 7:10 pm by President, Rick Heinz
Board members present: Rick Heinz, Dale Prior, Shawn Hutchinson, Rob Wick, and Sherry Rosenlund.
Also present: Joy Church and homeowners John and Becky Wruble
June Minutes were read by Sherry and approved.
Fire District #40 Report: Fire Chief warns “It is dry & hot. Be extremely careful!” They are responding to a lot of small fires every week. If you have any fireworks left over, put them away from the kids. Absolutely NO fireworks should be set off now.
King County Sheriff’s Report: Officer Shirley reports they have been very busy with children out-of-school and the warm weather. There have been a lot of false alarm home alarms due to windows left open create window treatments to blow around causing security alarms to go off. There has been 1 burglary which they believe could be related to a series of burglaries in King Count. Investigation is on-going.
Financial Report, Joy Church: was given and was accepted by the Board.
Landscape Report (Rob Wick):
- The Landscapers’ crew lead has been on vacation. When he returns they will do a walk thru of the common areas and review what areas need additional work.
- Tot-Lot review: There are still some brown spots in the grass. Sod needs to be placed around the concrete pad for the bench; however, that will have to wait until fall now with the warm weather.
Architectural Control Report (Shawn Hutchinson):
- Received 1 new request for patio extension, sprinkler system and trees.
- Exposed cable wire has been repaired
- Vacant house has cleaned landscaping
- 2nd letter has been sent for the following fractions:
- Patio roof was not submitted for approval & does not meet CC&Rs
- No aerial antennas permitted
- No towels or sheets for window coverings.
Thanks to everyone that has submitted project plans and thanks to everyone who addressed their compliance infractions.
Community Relations & Social Committee Report:
- The June 26th BBQ was attended by about 10 families. Great food, neighborhood fellowship, games and a wonderful time with the crew from Fire District 40.
- The real estate market is moving fast this summer.Several homes have sold and we will be welcoming new neighbors.
Block Watch Report:
- There has been 1 vehicle “break-in” (actually the car was unlocked). It is a great reason to park in the garage.
Fairwood Task Force (John Wruble):
- There will be a public meeting August 26th at Fairwood Country Club at 7:00pm
- Purpose of this group is to collect and disseminate information on the process, advantages and disadvantages for both annexation and incorporation.
- Process for carrying over liens: Shawn continues to work with the attorney on the process, time-frame for collection of lien and interest.
- Tract N rezoning: Dale will submit paperwork in August
- Parking at the Gables entrance: This problem has improved considerable with the new signs. Thank you to those homeowners for the consideration.
- 2005 Budget: There needs to be more clearly defined line items under Property Maintenance. Rick, Shawn & Rob will work on this. The board is working to determine what the optimal amount to keep in reserves.
- Election Letter: Drafted and will be mailed in 2 wks. THERE ARE THREE BOARD POSITIONS OPEN. ANYONE INTERESTED IN SERVING ON THE BOARD SHOULD PLEASE CONTACT RICK HEINZ.
- E-mail distribution list: Letter mailed to all homeowners not on the list. If you do not receive e-mails from Elliott Farm, contact Rick Heinz.
- Adopt-a-road, planting: Rick has asked the county for more trees and bushes to plant on the 140th fence line.
- Architectural control should adopt rule: Fences are not to be painted and stains must be approved. Unanimously approved by the board.
- Equipment maintenance: The board will adopt Tot-Lot and Sport Court equipment maintenance to the annual calendar.
Meeting was adjourned at: 8:50 p.m.
Minutes submitted by: Sherry Rosenlund
Next meeting will be: August 24, 2004, 7 p.m., Nativity Lutheran Church, 17707 –140th SE