Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association
February 28, 2012
The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Dale Prior. The Board members present were Dale Prior, Linda North, Heidi Adamson, and Chris Rodrigues. Joy Church, bookkeeper and John Wruble, homeowner were also present.
King County Sheriff’s Report: No report was provided this month.
Fire District 40 Report: No report was provided this month.
Bookkeeper/Treasurer Report: Joy Church went over the balance sheet and reported that late fees have been assessed on all homeowners who have not yet paid their 2012 homeowners dues. Another statement will be mailed to them. Homeowners should note that in the future a late fee will be charged on the 11th of each month, on each delinquent account until their current year HOA dues are paid in full. Letters have also been sent to each homeowner who has been charged legal fees detailing those fees for them. The income tax forms have been completed and will be signed by Dale and filed within the next week.
Landscaping Report: There was no landscaping report provided this month. Chris did mention that we have a new contact for Malone’s. (Amanda Peach) He also has noted that there are a few issues not being addressed, one being that the garbage cans at the Tot Lot, Sport Court, and The Gables trail have not been being emptied. Dale will contact Robert Reash, Landscaping Chairman, to have him go over these issues with Malone’s. The other items on the agenda will carry over until the March meeting.
Architectural Control Report: No report was provided this month.
- Stop/Yield sign in The Gables –Nothing new to report on this issue.
- Woodward resident hill erosion – Nothing new to report on this issue.
- Sport Court Improvements –The improvements have been approved and will be conducted later in the spring.
- Review recent small claims court outcome – Some of the Board members were summoned to Small Claims court this month by a homeowner regarding collections of his past due account. The case was settled with the homeowner prevailing and receiving a partial settlement.
- Mail box postings – Dale will be ordering document holders to be placed on the mailbox stations. These holders are to be used for Board information only. If a homeowner feels they need to post information, they must first contact a member of the Board and receive permission to do so.
- No soliciting signs – A homeowner inquired about the possibility of us posting No Soliciting signs at the entrances to our neighborhood. It was decided we will not do that at this time and every resident is encouraged to post their own sign on their home near the doorbell button.
- Other (Executive Session) – There was no Executive Session this month. Chris brought up the fact that he has been cleaning a lot of solid waste left by dogs on the Tot Lot lawn. We again urge all residents to pick up after their dogs. Some offending homeowners have been observed, identified, and contacted. Please help us all keep our neighborhoods clean and safe for everyone.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:15pm. The Board meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of every month. The next meeting will be held on March 27th at 7:00pm at the Nativity Lutheran Church. Residents are encouraged to attend.