February 26, 2002

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

Board of Trustees Meeting

February 26, 2002

 

 

The meeting was called to order at:  7:00 pm

 

Board members present:  Dale Prior, Russ Stocek, Shawn Martin, John Ross, Brent Beardall, Allan Revenig, Sherry Rosenlund, Jim Nold, and Rod Moore.

 

Board member not in attendance:  All board members are present

 

The minutes were read by: Russ Stocek and approved by members in attendance.

 

Fire District #40 Report:  Stan Moe came with update on new fire engine purchased and scheduled for delivery in approximately 6 months.  The current most used engine will be rotated to reserve and the current oldest reserve engine will be sold.

 

King County Sheriff’s Report:  no report at this time

 

Treasurer’s Report:  Brent Beardall reported that several homeowners have not yet paid their 2002 dues.  He will work with the new legal council to proceed in collecting all outstanding association dues.  Brent also reported he is working to finalize this years budget for presentation at the annual meeting

 

Landscaping Report:  Shawn reported a quote of $2600. for drainage upgrade and replacement of rusted valves in the Sport Court area.  He is still working on bids for mailboxes cleaning and painting.

 

Architectural Control Report:  John reported there have been no formal requests submitted this month.  He is looking into a way to maintain records of all architectural activities.  This is the most common activity within Homeowner’s Associations requiring legal advise, so he will be working with the new legal council to insure all requests and activity is handled properly.

 

Community Relations Report:  Sherry brought the new Neighborhood Interest Survey form for the committees review.  It was approved and she will start interviewing homeowners, gathering information and prepare a preliminary directory by next meeting.

Also, welcome baskets will be delivered to recent newcomers this week.

 

Social Committee Report:  Rod reported upcoming events:

Spring Clean-up – no date set.

Garage Sale – coordinate with Maple Ridge for a date

Easter Egg Hunt – no date set

Golf Tournament – May 11th; contact Russ Stocek for participation form.

 

140th Construction Report:  Jim, Shawn and Dale met with county regarding entries. County has agreed to do everything as requested.   Jim reported work cannot begin on the Woodward monument until PSE moves the conduits.  Brent & Shawn will submit request to PSE.  Jim will meet with Mr. Huang (replacing John O’Brien) to show him exactly where the 4’ x 300’ fence needs to go on the trail between the Gables and Woodward.  Dale reported that wiring and irrigation is all tore up around The Gables monument and will also need plant replacement.

 

Jim is still discussing possibility of traffic light at Gables entrance.  It was recommended that we look into a speed meter to help control speeds on 140th.

 

Security Report:  Allan reported on security cameras at each entrance.  This would require 2 cameras at each entrance; one camera to capture the license plate number and the other to give a wider view for a vehicle description. Cost would be $2,000.-$4,000. if installed on an existing structure such as a home or perhaps the monuments vs. $10,000-$15,000 if a structure is built.  He will ask the vendor to do a presentation at the March meeting.

 

Old Business:  No report on moving the Gazebo.

 

New Business:  Annual Homeowners Meeting in April

 

A special Thank You to Jim, Dale, Shawn and John for taking time from work and all their efforts in getting both entrances repaired.

 

Meeting was adjourned at: 8:45 p.m.

 

Minutes submitted by:

 

Next meeting will be:  March 26, 2002, 7 p.m., Nativity Lutheran Church, 17707 –140th SE