February 22, 2011

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

Board of Directors Meeting

February 22, 2011

http://elliottfarmhoa.org

 

The meeting was called to order at 7:07pm by John Wruble. The Board members present were John Wruble, Linda North, Laurie Wu, and Scott Paul. Also present were Joy Church, Bookkeeper, and Chris Rodrigues. The minutes were read and approved as written.

 

King County Sheriff’s Report: No report was provided this month.

 

Fire District 40 Report: No report was provided this month.

 

Bookkeeper/Treasurer Report: Joy Church, bookkeeper went over both the December, 2010 and January 2011 balance sheets as well as our Profit and Loss report for January through February, 2011. The 2010 ending financials showed we were slightly under budget. She has also received the King County property tax bill and will pay it in April. At this time we are over budget on landscaping due to the tree removal in our open area last month. We have begun receiving a $15.00 per month service charge on our checking account. Laurie Wu will talk with the bank to see why we have started being charged. Further discussion will be held on this in our March meeting in the event we are unable to have the fees removed.

 

We had a long discussion regarding the delinquent HOA dues situation. John presented a Dues Issue Analysis on each property currently past due for HOA dues. A motion was made and approved that liens be filed on those who are seriously past due for prior years, as well letters and additional action taken on the others, including conversations with the homeowners by John as needed.

 

Landscaping Report: Scott Paul presented an action plan for 2011. It includes having Malone’s trim down the arborvitaes on the north side of The Gables entrance as well as have the blackberries and other weeds cleared out at the end of the fence line. He received a bid on having the public path across from the Tot Lot pressure washed but felt it was extremely high. He will be looking at different alternatives which will also include the public path near the Sport Court. There are several stumps at the end of the Tot Lot which could be ground out. Discussion was held but it was decided too costly at this time. We have one broken light fixture at The Gables entrance which he will replace and a few over grown shrubs at the Woodward entrance which will either need to be trimmed or replaced.

 

The date has been set for the annual Thatch and Aerate program. It will only be held for one day this year, Saturday, April 16th. We will rent two sets of equipment, one for The Gables and one for Woodward. If you want to take advantage of this equipment, please send an e-mail to landscaping@elliottfarmhoa.org and give your name, address, and telephone number so you can be placed on the schedule and notified if any additional information is needed.

 

Old Business:

  • CR&R update – Nothing to report at this time.
  • Third Board position – Chris Rodrigues has volunteered to serve on the HOA Board of Directors, as our Treasurer. After discussing the duties and responsibilities of the position with Chris, he was then nominated for the position and a motion made and approved unanimously to accept. He will work with Laurie Wu in making the transition. Thank you Chris for volunteering for this very important position. We also want to take this opportunity to thank Laurie Wu for the 3 years of excellent service to the HOA as our Treasurer as well as for all the other things she has done for us over the years.
  • Stop/Yield Sign in Gables – As requested by homeowners at our annual meeting, John asked the King County Department of Transportation, Road Services Division to investigate the need for a stop/yield sign at the intersection of 154th Pl. and 141st Pl. in The Gables. They have investigated and determined that a stop sign is needed at this intersection. It will take a few weeks before it is placed there, but residents are asked to watch for it.

New Business:

  • Pet Refuse Bags – A suggestion has been made that we consider putting up a pet refuse bag station near the Tot Lot and Sport Court to assist and encourage pet owners to pick up waste from their pets when walking them. Chris has volunteered to look into the cost of such a station for us.

Residents are also asked to be sure to pick up any solid waste your pet may leave, as well as making sure they are on a leash when out in the neighborhood. We are beginning to see some pets running free and at times unsupervised.

 

The meeting was adjourned at 8:40pm. The next meeting will be held at 7:00pm at the Nativity Lutheran Church on Tuesday, March 22nd. Residents are encouraged to attend.