October 22, 2013

Elliot Farm Homeowner’s Association

Annual Homeowner’s Meeting

October 22, 2013

http://elliottfarmhoa.org

 

The Elliot Farm Homeowner’s Association annual meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM by Dale Prior, president.  Board members present were Dale Prior, president, Chris Rodrigues, vice-president, Gordon Hill, treasurer, Sean Bauer, architectural control, and Shirleann Nold, secretary.  Committee member, Roy Wick, landscaping, and Joy Church, bookkeeper, were also present, as were four members of Fire District 40 and 16 additional homeowners.

Dale welcomed the homeowners present and then asked Lt. Souci of Fire District 40 to speak first, as he was scheduled at four other board meetings that evening.  The Lieutenant cited the upcoming Fire Prevention Week, reminding homeowners that most home fires are caused by smoking (in bed), cooking (unattended), and heating (portable heaters and objects left close to heaters).  He mentioned that this is an ideal time to check batteries in smoke alarms and CO detectors.  Seventy percent of the Fire district’s responses are medical calls.  They are fully equipped as first responders.  Firemen are pleased with their new station and because of the layout; it has resulted in a decreased response time. Homeowners are invited to stop in for a visit and might want to check blood pressure while there.

Minutes from the annual homeowners meeting of 2012 were approved as read.

Joy Church reviewed the financial statement and commented that spending is well within the budget for the year with no unforeseen expenditures.  It was suggested that expenses for the Gables entry be moved to landscaping.  Chris added that no large expenditures are expected in the coming year with the possible exception of resurfacing the sport court, for which money has been set aside.   The 2014 budget was approved as presented.

Rob Wick reviewed what has been done this year in regard to landscaping.  He oversees all common areas including entrances, tot lot and the sport court .  His message to Malone’s is to make the common areas an example of how we want our development to look.  There is a lot of turnover among the landscaping crew and Rob works to keep crews abreast of our expectations.  This year they have concentrated on thinning out shrubs at the entrance to Woodward and the shrubs in the sport court, as well as adding well-priced plants for color.  Trees behind the monument in Gables were thinned and Malone’s is in the process of replacing parts of the hedge that have died.  A homeowner noted that the sprinklers have been on during the rain and Rob said that will be corrected when the lines are blown for the winter.  Another homeowner noted that the monument in the Gables was dark.  The photo sensors are not recognizing night and are on during the day.  Chris has an electrician coming to look into that. The board extended a thank you to Rob for all his hard work.

Sean reviewed submissions to the architectural committee.  There has been one new submission to add a fence in Woodward to match a neighbor’s, as well as adding some concrete curbing.  Two house paintings have been approved.  Homeowners are reminded to submit a request when doing any major renovation.  Covenants, minutes, and applications for architectural changes (fences, paint, tree removal, etc.) can be found on our website.

Chris reviewed the work done on the green belt where we have rapidly maturing trees encroaching on homes.  Using an arborist for advice, several trees have been topped at 5-10 feet in height, leaving the root system to stabilize the hillside.  Chris and the arborists don orange vests while working so that homeowners are made aware of their official presence in their backyards.  Dale mentioned the pressure washer purchased by the board this year and loaned to homeowners at a fee of $10.  Call Chris to reserve.  In the spring, the association rents a Thatcher and aerator for use by homeowners on a sign up basis.  There will also be a community clean-up day to maintain the area along the road.

Dale addressed the issue of homeowners delinquent in paying their dues.  There are @3 homeowners who have neglected to pay dues over a period of time but continue to benefit from the collective effort of homeowners who take pride in the community and finance its upkeep with their annual dues.  These delinquent homeowners have been sent to collections with poor results.  Liens are placed on these properties that are recoverable when a house is sold.  Some people do not care, even when offered a way to pay on a month to month basis. Perhaps peer pressure is the answer.

Dale extended gratitude to a number of people who have contributed to the community this year including Bruce King, our webmaster,  Jim Nold, who was successful in getting the stop and yield signs installed after years of negotiation with the county, and to Joyce Kiel, who once again has stepped up to put our Halloween celebration together.

Dale requested e-mail addresses from new homeowners so that they can be notified of neighborhood activities such as incidents involving crime.  It would  also include plans for a neighborhood Christmas decorating contest.  In the past winners have been chosen by previous winners and by neighborhood kids.  Anyone willing to help decorate the entries please contact Chris.

Dale announced that he will be selling his home, moving north and he will resign from the board after many years of service.  He thanked everyone for their help and cooperation and was given a round of thankful applause by those present.  Consequently, there will be one open board position.  Meg Paul agreed to serve for the coming year.

With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:50 PM.  The next regular board meeting will be on Tuesday, November 25th at 7:00 PM at Nativity Lutheran Church.  All are welcome.

Respectfully submitted,

Shirleann Nold

 

 

August 27, 2013

Elliot Farm Homeowner’s Association Minutes

August 27, 2013

The meeting was called to order at 7:10 PM by President Dale Prior.  Also present were Joy Church, Chris Rodrigues, Rob Wick, Sean Bauer, Jim and Shirleann Nold.

Minutes from the July board meeting were read and approved as corrected.  Corrections involved the date of the annual meeting which will be held on Tuesday, October 22nd.  Homeowners should contact Chris at (vicepresident@elliottfarmhoa.org) rather than Sean, to rent the neighborhood pressure washer.

There was no report from the King County Sherriff or Fire District 40.

Joy Church, bookkeeper, stated that we are still on track with our budget.  Three demand letters have been submitted as houses have changed owners.   Expenses for spring cleanup will be moved from the maintenance line to the equipment rental line.  Joy will send out a notice for the annual meeting including an agenda, proxy and the 2014 budget.  Joy reported that our insurance is current through 2015.  She will pay the boardroom rental.  Our expenses for the ice cream social were $57.50.

Rob Wick, landscaping, reported that all major projects have been completed.  Irrigation repairs totaled $300. Five arborvitaes are dying at the Gables entry and will be replaced.  Some pruning is necessary at the Woodward entry to reveal signs.  After 15 years of growth in the Northwest, trees are becoming mature and some may need to be removed and replanted.  The foliage along the trail will be whacked back during the winter.  Now would be a good time to take a foot or two off the hedge next to the sport court.  In regard to the sport court, the water comes and goes.  Currently it is dry.  There have been many positive comments on the work that has been done.  Thanks Rob!

Sean, architectural control, reported few submissions.  A larger shed than planned was approved for one site.  Shrubs need to be planted around a heat pump that is exposed to the street.  Two houses have been painted with approval.

Old business: The board thanked Jim Nold, who was present, for his perseverance in getting the county to install a stop sign in the Gables and, recently, the yield sign in Woodward.  Great job Jim!  National Night Out was a hit again this year with over 40 people in attendance.  Dale sent pictures to the Fairwood Flyer.  Shirleann will send a thank you to Fire District 40 for sending a fire truck, always a big draw for the kids.

New Business:  The 2014 budget was approved by the board.  Chris Rodrigues was nominated for another three year term.  The following were approved as presented – annual meeting notice letter, proxy, ballots and agenda.  The meeting will be on Tuesday, October 22nd and all homeowners are encouraged to come.  Besides the packet sent to homeowners, Dale will send an e-mail and Shirleann will make 17×17 inch signs to be posted the day of the meeting..

The children’s Halloween Costume Party to be held on Thursday, October 31st, at 7:00 at the Sport Court.  Dale has the canopies and lights, Joyce has the red carpet and Shirleann will prepare 7 mailbox flyers.  Chris will check with Lori to see if there is a template for the Halloween flyers. This has always been a popular event.

Resurfacing the sport court was discussed.  We are looking for quotes to see what is feasible.

Assembling a welcome packet for new Homeowners was discussed, but no decision was made.

We are reminded to keep our lights on at night as the days get longer and check to be sure that garage doors are down.  Both suggestions make our neighborhood safer.

The next board meeting will be September 24, 2013 at Nativity Lutheran Church at 7PM.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Shirleann Nold

July 23, 2013

Elliot Farm Homeowner’s Association Meeting

July 23, 2013

The HOA meeting was called to order at 7:10 PM by president, Dale Prior.  Also present were Chris Rodriguez, Gordon Hill, Sean Bauer, Joy Church, Captain Mike Proulx of Fire District 40, and Shirleann Nold.

Minutes of the June meeting were approved as read.

Captain Mike Proulx of fire district 40, emphasized summer  safety including:  the risk of children falling from open or screened windows, children and pets left in cars parked in warm weather, and the “stop, drop and roll” technique to be used if clothing catches fire during barbecues and campfires.  Barring an emergency, fire district 40 fire trucks will be at the tot lot again this year for our neighborhood’s “National Night Out” on Tuesday, August 7th.  He also reminded us that Renton River Days will be held this coming weekend.

There was no report from the King County Sheriff.

Joy Church, bookkeeper, updated the financials, which are on track for the year. The budget should be the same next year with no increase in dues. We are still paying down a street light credit.  Delinquent dues are being collected on foreclosed homes.  There have been three foreclosures.

The Gables has new neighbors at 15794 141st Pl., SE, the James Hyun Kwan family.  Welcome.  Dale has templates for the packets sent to newcomers and they will be distributed in person with information about the HOA.  The new HOA collection policy has been posted on the website.

Gordon reported on progress with Malone’s. There have been many positive comments on the entry and sport court improvements at Woodward.  There is still more to be done regarding the trees at the Gables entry.  The issue with water at the tot lot is still to be resolved.  Is drainage or absorption the right way to go?  Discussion of the net at the sport court centered on over – tightening.  It was suggested that a clip may be needed to prevent that.  We are looking at a possible re-surface of the sport court next year.  Any major improvements to community facilities must be brought up to code to be covered by our insurance policy.

Sean Bauer, of Woodward, was unanimously approved as the new architectural chair. Several properties have been greatly improved since the initial walk-about this spring.  All homeowners need to be reminded that any improvements (exterior paint, fences, sheds, tree cutting) need to be approved before proceeding.  This month there were 2 shed approvals and one heat pump approval. We are also reminded that there is a pressure washer available at a nominal fee for use on driveways and sidewalks, if needed.  Contact Chris (Vicepresident@elliottfarmhoa.org) via the HOA website.

Jim Nold reported that a yield sign will be installed in Woodward.  King County denied a stop sign was needed as the road configuration is slightly different than in the Gables.

The annual homeowners meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 27th.  All residents are greatly encouraged to attend.  Budget requests should be submitted in advance.  The HOA currently has 3 directors serving a 3 year term.  Dale Prior has been a director for most of the association’s history.  Chris has been nominated for another 3 year term.   Gordon is currently the third voting director.  Residents are encouraged to turn out and to get involved to make this a well-run community.  Many residents have lived here for over 13 years but have never attended a community event. It would be awesome to have every home represented.   Everyone’s input is welcome and many hands would lighten the load.

Respectfully submitted,

Shirleann Nold, secretary

Our next big neighborhood event is Tuesday, August 7th when we celebrate “National Night Out” on the tot lot at 7PM.  This is a great opportunity to meet and greet your neighbors and was very well attended last year.  Chris will be responsible for the ice-cream and the fliers posted on mail boxes.  Shirleann will look into getting 4 laminated signs printed for reader boards at the entries with a pocket for changeable dates and time.  All residents are encouraged to participate.  The better we know our neighbors, the safer our neighborhood will be.

 

 

 

June 25, 2013

ELLIOT FARM HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION (HOA) BOARD MEETING

June 25th, 2013

The Elliot Farm HOA meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM by president, Dale Prior.  Also present were Gordon Hill, Shirleann Nold and Chris Rodriquez.  Absent was Rob Wick.

Minutes of the May meeting were approved as read.

There was no King County Sherriff.

Fire District 40 report.  Mike Proulx (Captain) Focus on Fireworks.   All fireworks are illegal in Renton. For answers to your questions please go to the Fire District #40 website. Please use caution and courtesy to your neighbors for the 4th.

Joy Church, bookkeeper. Off this week, but forwarded the financials which Gordon Hill reviewed and we approved.

In Rob Wick’s absence, it was reported that work on the sport court and the Woodward entryway began this month. The work done so far is looking very good. Take a look when you get a chance. Landscapers due to complete the proposed work by cleaning up the volunteer trees behind the Gables monument. Chris Rodriguez and Scott Paul spent some time replacing the burnt out lights at the Gables entryway. Thanks guys!

Nichol Collier, architectural control chair, has had to leave the board. Chris Rodriguez will take over in the interim while we look for a replacement. If you or someone you know would like to take over the architectural position please contact Dale Prior President.

There were no new submissions this month.

Chris Rodriguez has purchased a pressure washer, which will be community property.  There will be a $10 charge for its use, which will be used for maintenance and/or replacement, if necessary. Homeowners will be responsible to refuel.  Contact Chris atvicepresident@elliottfarmhoa.org.  Use of the machine is in demand so sign up soon to get your turn to use it.

The neighborhood garage sale was held on June 22nd and 23rd from 9:00 AM until 2:00 PM.  Although there was not a huge turn out the people that participated thought it was good.

“America’s Night Out” will be Tuesday, August 6th, at 7:00 PM.  We had a wonderful turnout last year for this event.  It is an opportunity to meet and greet your neighbors.  We have scheduled representatives from the fire department to be present, as well as the usual ice cream treats.  Check the HOA web site for more information and mark your calendar.

Gordon Hill suggested we put pictures of the 2 entryways on the cover page of our website and also installing a button to bring up a neighborhood event calendar. Good suggestions Gordon.

Dale will follow up with Bruce our webmaster to see if it can be done.

Reviewing a couple of suggestions for next year which are sport court resurfacing and drainage installed around the Tot Park.

Any questions or comments please contact Dale Prior at 425-226-6712 or president@elliottfarmhoa.org

With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:45 PM.

Next meeting will be July 23rd at 7:00pm at the Nativity Lutheran Church

Respectfully submitted,

Shirleann Nold, HOA secretary

May 28, 2013

ELLIOT FARM HOA BOARD MEETING

May 28, 2013

The Elliot Farm HOA meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM by president, Dale Prior.  Also present were Joy Church, Gordon Hill, Shirleann Nold, Nichol Collier, and Chris Rodriquez.  Absent was Rob Wick.

Minutes of the April meeting were approved as read.

There was no King County Sherriff or Fire District 40 report.  Dale did report that there was a prowler in the area this month.  Stopped by the police, he ran through our neighborhood, trying doors, in an attempt to escape while being pursued by 3 patrol cars and a helicopter.  To be safe, keep garage doors down and screen doors locked when working in the backyard. If you see someone suspicious don’t hesitate to call 911.  It’s ok to be careful. Protect yourselves.

Joy Church, bookkeeper, explained the energy items in the budget.  From inception, we paid one bill which covered Woodward, the Gables, and street lights.  We now pay three separate bills.

The board has transferred 4 homeowners, who are in arrears on their annual fees, to the Merchant Credit Association, a credit collection agency, for collection.

In Rob Wick’s absence, it was reported that work on the sport court will begin this week.  The aerating/thatching program was reviewed.  It was agreed that, although many homeowners take advantage of the program, better communication is needed in the future. It was suggested that the user list include phone numbers. Responsibility for delivery from one house to the next should lie with the person who has finished using the equipment in his yard.  The last user should contact the chair person for pickup.

Nichol Collier, architectural control chair, reported 2 paint and 1 fence approval.  There has been a very positive response to the neighborhood walk through and noticeable improvement in the appearance of the neighborhood.  Homeowners are encouraged to submit the required form before painting, fencing, or removing trees.  The forms are usually approved within a week.  Forms can be found on our website Elliottfarmhoa.org or in the Fairwood flyer for your convenience.

Chris Rodriguez was commissioned to buy a pressure washer, which will be community property.  There will be a $10 charge for its use, which will be used for maintenance and/or replacement, if necessary. Homeowners will be responsible to refuel.  Contact Chris at vicepresident@elliottfarmhoa.org.  Chris is currently cleaning all signs, benches, big toys and the tot lot.  A safety check has been done and all equipment is in good condition.  Thanks Chris for your hard work.  One of the mailboxes is missing the plastic lid on the flier boxes and will be replaced.

Jim Nold has been successful in getting the stop sign installed in the Gables.  Thank you for your persistence Jim.  The board would encourage him work on a stop sign in Woodward at an identical intersection.

The neighborhood garage sale will be held on June 22nd and 23rd from 9:00 AM until 2:00 PM.  A reader board will be set up at the entrances to our neighborhood to advertise.  We encourage people to participate by recycling items you no longer want or need. Nichole will run flyers and post them at the mailboxes.

“America’s Night Out” will be Tuesday, August 6th, at 7:00 PM.  We had a wonderful turnout last year for this event.  It is an opportunity to meet and greet your neighbors.  We hope to have representatives from the fire and police department present, as well as the usual ice cream treats.  Shirleann will contact the fire and police departments. Check the HOA web site for more information and mark your calendar.

With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:45 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Shirleann Nold, HOA secretary

April 23, 2013

Elliott Farm Homeowners Association Board Meeting

April 23rd 2013

The Elliott Farm HOA meeting was called to order at 7:05 by president, Dale Prior.  Also present were Gordon, Rob, Chris, Nichol, Joy and Shirleann.

The minutes from March were approved as read by Shirleann Nold, secretary.

There was no King County Sheriff’s report.

Karl Rufener, Battalion Chief of fire district 40, updated the board on the remodel of the fire station, which should be finished in about 8 weeks.  An open house will be scheduled upon completion and everyone is welcome to visit.  Karl spoke of the upcoming summer season and the need to promote safety in regard to outdoor burning.  He asks residents to keep an eye out for brush fires, particularly in open areas where there may be homeless encampments and illegal fires.  Barbecue safety and outdoor burning regulations have been published in the Flyer.

Joy Church, our accountant, reviewed our balance sheet.  93% of dues have been paid.  Late statement will be mailed on 4/21/2013.  Gordon Hill, treasurer, will work with the 5 or 6 households that are not current on their dues.  There was a question about a second billing by PSE with a new account number.  Possibly it relates to the street lights as we haven’t seen a bill for a while.  Dale will call and try to resolve the issue.  The financial report was approved as read.

Rob Wick, landscaping chair, has been busy working with our landscapers on several problem areas like the tire track and the brush pile in the Woodward area.  A bid has been submitted for the removal of small trees behind the entrance to the Gables, some work at the Woodward entrance and the removal of shrubs near the sport court. Homeowners near the entrances will be notified and the work will be done as soon as possible.  Chris Rodrigues will look into the garbage along the fence line and the lights.  Some signs need repainting.  The aerator and thatching schedule is set to begin in the Gables on Saturday morning.  Gordon agreed to return the equipment at the end of the day.  Chris pressure washed the gazebo and intends to do the same with the play equipment.  Thanks Chris!  A question arose regarding water at the sport court.  A special tool is needed to turn on the water.

Nichole Collier, accompanied by Chris, has completed the annual neighborhood walk through and spoken to residents, or left a notice, about work that is needed to bring homes into compliance with our CR&R’s.  Most notices pertain to peeling paint on trim (P), fascia (F), base (b) or gutters (g) on our 13 year old homes.  Moss on the roof and drive ways is again apparent after a very rainy season and may need pressure washing.  Garbage and recycling cans should never be visible from the street after pick-up.  It was brought to our attention that several people have reported failure of hot water tanks or of hot water lines under the house.  An inspection may avoid costly repairs.  Nicole also reported two paint submissions and approvals.  Our attention to these housekeeping details improves the appearance of our neighborhood for the benefit of everyone living here.

The question of submitting our minutes to the on-line, fairwoodcommunitynews.org was discussed and it was determined to be redundant at this time.

Jim Nold sent news that the county reported new stop signs in both developments would be installed by April 24th.  King County was sighted looking at the problem but the work has not been done to date and Jim will stay on top of it.

We are sad to report the death of a longtime resident of the Gables, Thinh Duc Nguyen, and send our condolences to his widow, Cecilia.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:40 PM.

The Board meets every 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm. At the Nativity Lutheran Church on 14oth South of Petrovisky Homeowners are welcome and encouraged to attend

Respectfully submitted,

Shirleann Nold, secretary

 

March 26, 2013

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

March 26, 2013

http://elliottfarmhoa.org

 

The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Dale Prior. Dale, Chris Rodrigues, Nicole Collier, and Gordon Hill were present. Joy Church, bookkeeper, was also present. Rob Wick and Shirleann Nold were not present. The minutes were read and approved as written.

 

King County Sheriff’s Report:  No report this month

 

Fire District 40 Report: Greg Hartman with Fire District #40 reported that although 3 days of preparedness is good a week is better.

If the supplies are needed it is good to help your neighbors who might need it.

Good suggestion Thank you, Greg

 

Bookkeeper/Treasurer Report: Joy Church reported that only a couple of people have not paid dues for 2013.

Our treasurer Heidi Adamson has had to leave us. We want to say Thank you to Heidi for her help over the last couple of years. Her replacement is her husband (Gordon Hill) who volunteered to help us. He has done treasurer work before and is actually president of another association. We voted him in to replace Heidi. Vote was unanimous.

 

Landscaping Report: Gordon Hill reported, in Rob Wicks absence that he has meet with our landscapers for a bid and a plan for 2013. We would like to clean up the area in front of the sport court and remove volunteer trees behind the Gables entryway sign.

Spring cleanup will happen in the last week of April.  (April 27th) Watch the flyer boxes on your mailboxes for signup dates and details

The aerating and thatching project is very successful with numerous homeowners taking advantage of the equipment for their lawns. We will be offering this free service to homeowners again this year. We feel it is good use of some of our HOA dues.

FYI we will be having the clean up in the last week of April from now on. That way all will be able to plan ahead.

To sign up early please contact Rob at landscaping@elliottfarmhoa.org.

 

Architectural Control Report: Nicole Collier We will be conducting a walkthrough in the neighborhoods to remind homeowners about the rules and covenants in the form of a report card. We will make suggestions to help improve the appearance of our neighborhood.

Remember to submit your architectural form before painting, building, or generally changing something significant in your yard. Requests for landscaping changes can be sent to architectural@elliottfarmhoa.org.

 

Old Business:

  • Stop/yield signs –I received a call from Jim Nold who has made some progress on the Stop / Yield signs. Good job, Jim!!  Thank you,

 

New Business:

  No new business this month

 

The meeting was adjourned at 7:30pm. The Board meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of every month. The next board meeting will be held on April 23rd at 7:00pm at the Nativity Lutheran Church. Residents are encouraged to attend.

February 26, 2013

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

Feb 26th 2013

http://elliottfarmhoa.org

 

The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Dale Prior. Dale, Heidi Adamson, and Rob Wick were present. Joy Church, bookkeeper, was also present. The minutes were read and approved as written.

 

 

King County Sheriff’s Report: No report was provided this month.

 

Fire District 40 Report: No report was provided this month.

 

Bookkeeper/Treasurer Report: Joy Church reported that only  a couple of people have not paid dues for 2013. They will be getting a letter 1st of March.

Outstanding checks for 2012 have been dealt with.

 

Landscaping Report: Rob Wick reported that he replaced some lights in the entryways.  Rob has scheduled a walkthrough with our current landscaper to review the plan for 2013. We would like to clean up the area in front of the sport court and remove volunteer trees behind the Gables entryway sign.

Spring cleanup will happen in April. Watch the flyer boxes on your mailboxes for signup dates and details

The aerating and thatching project is very successful with numerous homeowners taking advantage of the equipment for their lawns. We will be offering this free service to homeowners again this year. We feel it is good use of some of our HOA dues.

To sign up early please contact Rob at landscaping@elliottfarmhoa.org.

 

 

Architectural Control Report: No report this month   Requests for landscaping changes can be sent to architectural@elliottfarmhoa.org.

 

 

Old Business:

  • Stop/yield signs –Jim Nold is still working on them. Good Luck Jim.

New Business:

  No new business this month

 

The meeting was adjourned at 7:30pm. The Board meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of every month. The next board meeting will be held on  March 26th at 7:00pm at the Nativity Lutheran Church. Residents are encouraged to attend.

 

January 22, 2013

 

Elliott Farm Homeowners Association

January 22, 2013

http://elliottfarmhoa.org

 

The HOA board meeting was called to order at 7:05 by Dale Prior, president.  Board members present were Nichol Collier and Shirleann Nold.  Also present:  Joy Church and Heidi Adamson.

 

King County Sherriff:  No report provided.

Fire District 40:  No report provided.

 

Bookkeeper/Treasurer:

  • Joy reported that 69% of HOA dues have been paid.
  • She reviewed negotiations over unpaid dues for homes that have been sold or gone into foreclosure.Dues have been, and are being, recovered at the time of closing, either from the homeowner or from the bank.
  • Joy is trying to clear the books for 2013 of 4 checks written, but not cashed.
  • Discussion ensued about the January timing of dues.Joy and Heidi explained that January is the beginning of the fiscal year, a one- time payment reduces cost of billing and assists in creating a valid budget.  The $25 late charge per month is no longer in effect but a one- time charge of $25 will be made after 90 days.
  • Heidi will continue to turn over all accounts with current liens to a collection agency.
  • Heidi also pointed out that a budget was created by the board.It was up to the homeowners to show up in sufficient numbers at the annual meeting to ratify or turn down the budget.  Therefore, we will go forward into 2013 with the budget created by the board.

 

Landscaping:  Chris worked with the arborist hired by the board to fell dangerous trees.  Some were limbed and topped and the board is hopeful that new growth will emerge in the spring.  Both the trail and the tot lot are looking much better.  Thanks Chris and Rob.

 

Architecture:  Nichol reported that a street light has been replaced in the Gables.  Heidi will transfer the book of regulations and submissions to Nichol.  Chris Rodriguez has composed a letter requesting compliance that will be delivered to some homeowners.

 

Old Business:

  • The board would like to thank Jim Nold for continuing the pursuit of a stop sign at 141st and 154th. Jim has a complaint number lodged with the county and has been promised results.  Dale mentioned that a second sign is needed at 143rd and 142nd in Woodward.
  • The board would also like to thank the men who turned up on December 2nd to put up holiday lights at the entrance to Woodward. Sean Bower, Rob Wick, Daron Deckard and Dale Prior. There were no volunteers or donated lights from the Gables.

 

Meeting adjourned at 7:45PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Shirleann Nold

Secretary

 

 

 

November 27, 2012

Elliot Farm Homeowners Association

November 27, 2012

http://elliottfarmhoa.org

 

The meeting was called to order by Dale Prior at 6:55 pm.  Board members present were Dale Prior, Chris Rodrigues, Rob Wick, Nichol Collier, and Shirleann Nold.  Minutes were read and approved as written.

 

King County Sheriff’s Report:  No report provided this month.

 

Fire District 40 Report:  No report provided this month.

 

Bookkeeper/Treasurer Report:  Joy Church reported that expenses to date are compliant with the budget.  Insurance has been prepaid for 2 years.  Insurance money is in a separate account and will be transferred monthly to comply with the budget.  Dues will remain at $345 per year and notices will be sent out mid-December.  There are 3 new homeowners and Joy will send out an updated roster.

 

Landscaping Report:  Rob Wick reported that entrance lights will not be replaced until after the holidays.  On Sunday, December 2nd, at 2:00 PM, homeowners are asked to bring strings of unneeded lights to the entrances and to help decorate.  All outside water has been turned off and lines blown at this time.  More work on the entrances and the sport court will be done in late March or early April when the weather is milder.  Chris Rodrigues has walked the area with an arborist.  A bid has been accepted and trees that pose an imminent hazard to homeowners will be topped or removed before the weather gets bad.

 

Architectural Report:  Nichol reviewed the status of compliance issues.  There are 2 issues in Woodward that have not been satisfied.  Nichol will review the covenants and expectations in regard to fences, leaves, roof/moss condition, garbage cans, paint, etc. and issue letters requesting compliance as needed.

 

Old Business:

* Jim Nold sent a report regarding the stop/yield request for the Gables.  He has made 3 attempts to

contact the county administrator in charge with no reply.  He will pursue.

*Budget cannot be approved without a quorum present.  There was no quorum present at the annual

meeting.

 

New Business:

*Board proposed that the annual Elliot Farms decorating contest be judged the week before

Christmas.  There is no chairman at this time.  Last year, the judging was done by neighborhood

children.  Possible candidates to chair this event will be contacted.   Last year, gift bags were

provided for the children who participated and gift certificates were given to the winning

homeowners.

* The board discussed the possibility of getting a development wide bid on some of the larger

compliance issues like painting trim and cleaning or replacing roofs.  No decision was made.

*The board discussed issuing vehicle “dots” to homeowners who pay their dues.  The dots would

be affixed to cars that belong in the neighborhood.  The purpose would be to more quickly Identify

those cars that do not belong to residents and might help to keep our neighborhoods safer.

The meeting adjourned at 7:50 pm.

 

Board meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of every month.  There will be no meeting in December.  The next meeting will be at Nativity Lutheran Church on January 22nd at 7 PM.  Homeowners are encouraged to attend.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Shirleann Nold

Secretary