August 27, 2002

Elliott Farms Homeowner’s Association

Annual Homeowner’s Meeting

August 27, 2002

 

 

Dale Prior called the meeting to order.

 

Board members present:  Dale Prior, Russ Stocek, John Ross, Rod Moore, and Sherry Rosenlund.  Also 2 homeowners were in attendance.

 

The minutes were read by:  Sherry Rosenlund.

 

Fire District #40 Committee Report:

Fire district meets once each quarter.  Next meeting will be in October.

 

King County Sheriff’s Report:

No report at this time.

 

Treasurer’s Report:

No report at this time.

 

Landscaping Report:

New landscapers have cleaned all common areas and will continue to maintain.

Both monuments are still in need of maintenance.  Anyone interested in helping with this project, please contact Dale Prior.

 

Architectural Control Report:

John expresses a huge THANK YOU to the Gables homeowner who has been very helpful and responsive to John’s request to bring their property into CC&R compliance.

Dale has discussed homeowner’s issue with dogs and a resolution is being discussed and initiated.

 

Community Relations Report:

We can expect 2 new neighbors in the Gables very soon; best wishes to those neighbors moving away.

 

Social Committee Report:

Don’t miss September 14th BBQ & Games at the Tot Lot.

Also coming up soon is Halloween.  There will be a Costume Contest at the Sport Court at 6:00 pm on Halloween night with prices and pictures.

 

140th Construction Report:

No report at this time.

 

Security Report:

Thank you to Rick for the great newsletter.

BLOCK WATCH:  Gables Homeowner advises there have been several parties at the gazebo area.  Teens are parking cars on the street at the tot lot area.  Police were called, but cars remained on the street and teens partied in the street.  ADVISE:  Call police!  If the problem is not resolved continue to call police and have neighbors call police until problem is resolved.

 

Old Business:

Budget for 2003 completed – to be discussed at annual meeting.

Board of Trustees notice of election ready for mailing.

Parameters set for Homeowner Dues late fee – to be discussed at annual meeting.

New Homeowners Dues increase – to be discussed at annual meeting.

Upgrading Tot Lot and Sport Court will be discussed and voted on at annual meeting.

 

New Business:

            Board carries unanimous vote on hiring Bookkeeper, Joy Church.  She will be introduced at the annual meeting.

Dale brings update of settlement offer made by the Fire District regarding Tract N. This issue will be on the annual meeting agenda.

Nominations are being taken for Board candidates – Homeowners, call or e-mail nominations to Dale Prior 425-226-6712 or dalep@adslogistics.com

            Annual Meeting notices and proxies will be mailed to homeowners mid-September

 

Meeting was adjourned at: 9:30 p.m.

 

Minutes submitted by Sherry Rosenlund.

 

Next meeting will be: September 24, 2002, 7 p.m., Nativity Lutheran Church, 17707 –140th SE.

 

July 23, 2002

Elliott Farms Homeowner’s Association

Annual Homeowner’s Meeting

July 23, 2002

 

 

Dale Prior called the meeting to order.

 

Board members present:  Dale Prior, Russ Stocek, John Ross, Nancy Revenig, Rod Moore, Jim Nold and Sherry Rosenlund also1 homeowner was in attendance.

 

The minutes were read by: Dale Prior

 

Fire District #40 Committee Report:

Russ reports they now have a rebuilt aid vehicle with the new red & black colors.

 

King County Sheriff’s Report:

No report at this time.

 

Treasurer’s Report:

Dale reports for Brent there are 14 homes that still owe their 2002 dues.

Dale presents a need to hire bookkeeper. Motion is presented and 2nd. Vote carried.

Dale will move forward with interview process.

 

Landscaping Report:

Rod presents there is still no irrigation at the Sport Court.

New landscapers started Friday, 7/19, they will do major clean up of all common areas and maintain. These areas include the trail between the developments and the wall above the Tot Park. They will also be trimming and fertilizing as needed.

Both monuments need to be pressure washed and painted.  Dale will get a couple people together and get this done before fall.

 

Architectural Control Report:

John states there was 1 minor request this month, which did not require board review.

John has a couple of signs from the beginning of our development. They are nicely painted wooden signs. 1 say’s Gables and 1 say’s Woodward. John and Dale will see if there are any good places to mount the signs.

 

Community Relations Report:

Sherry reports there is 1 new family to welcome.  She will get a new homeowner’s packet to them within the next couple of days.

 

Social Committee Report:

Rod and others who attended the BBQ raved about the Fire Dept. participation and all had a great time.  Many THANKS to our Fire District #40.

Also, noted was a wonderful 4th of July celebration with fireworks and goodies to eat.

Rod is planning our next gathering. It will be September 14th at the Gables’ Tot Lot. Mark your calendar and plan to attend. There will be lots of games for all ages.

 

140th Construction Report:

Jim reports the road is now in the final stages of completion.

The county still has to complete the fence at the top of the hill by Woodward and replace the lights at both Woodward and Gables monuments.

 

Security Report:

Dale reports Rick will be sending out a newsletter for our Block Watch program and post it to our website.  Nancy will report to Allan to follow-up with Rick for the Woodward portion.

 

Old Business:

Have Andrea Wick contact principal at Tiffany Park School for October Annual Meeting.

It is reported that Jen Beardall has talked with the principal; however, it is not clear if he will be present for the meeting.  Need to follow-up with Jen and Andrea on this subject.

 

New Business:

A concern was brought to the board’s attention regarding a dog pen structures location. It appears that this is a nuisance and will be looked into by the board.

Discussed 2003 budget.

Discussed and implemented schedule to send out Board of Trustees notice of election.

Discussed topics to be covered at October’s Annual Homeowners’ Meeting:

·        Budget

·        Increase annual dues

·        Tract N Issue

·        Potential special assessments

·        Upgrading Woodward Sport Court to include Tot Lot

·         Upgrading Gables Tot Lot to include Sport Court

Discussed new dues, receiving deadlines (Late fees, Legal fees, Liens after 6 months).

Discussed mailing letter and survey to homeowners and follow-up by board members.

A recommendation was made to move the board-meeting place to Fire District #40 conference room.

 

Meeting was adjourned at: 9:20pm

 

Minutes submitted by  Sherry Rosenlund

 

Next meeting will be: August 27, 2002, 7 p.m., Nativity Lutheran Church, 17707 –140th SE.

 

May 28, 2002

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

Annual Homeowner’s Meeting

May 28, 2002

 

 

The meeting was called to order by Dale Prior.

 

Board members present:  Dale Prior, Russ Stocek, Shawn Martin, John Ross, and Sherry Rosenlund

 

The minutes were read by: Sherry Rosenlund and approved by members in attendance.

 

Fire District #40 Report: No report at this time.

 

King County Sheriff’s Report: No report at this time.

 

Treasurer’s Report:  The association and legal council will take action against homeowners with late dues.  Liens will be attached to the property for the amount of unpaid dues plus any associated legal costs.

 

Landscaping Report: Shawn reports the mailboxes have all been repaired and painted.

There are several issues to finish up with regard to the road project included getting power connected to the Woodward monument.  He is reviewing bids for expanded landscaping at the tot lot and sport court and other specific projects.

 

Architectural Control Report:  John reports there is a new, more user friendly, form to complete for project approval.  See our neighborhood website or call John direct.

 

Community Relations Report:  There were no new homeowners in May; however, 2 of the Gable homes have sold and we should expect new neighbors in June.

 

Social Committee Report:  Russ reports the Golf tournament canceled due to lack of interest.  He will try for a late summer or early fall schedule.

Garage Sale – not as successful as hoped for.  Next garage sale will be scheduled separate for neighboring sales.

Spring Clean-up was very successful, 19 families in both The Gables and Woodward participated.

Upcoming events:  JUNE 29th – BBQ potluck at Woodward sport court – check flyer at your mailbox area for details.

 

140th Construction Report:  Guard-rail has been moved and repaired at The Gables entrance.  King County has finished all landscaping.

 

Security Report: No report at this time.

 

Old Business:  Board is trying to schedule the principal from Tiffany Park Elementary be present at the October 22nd Annual Association Meeting.

 

New Business:

·        Possibility of expanding sport court or using half of the court for toys suitable for the younger children

·        Possibility to change monthly board meetings to a weekend time.  The Board does not have the authority to change meeting time; however, this will be put on the agenda for the October 22nd Annual Association Meeting.

·        King County engineers and staff explained upcoming Fairwood Interceptor and Madsen Creek Tributaries Stabilization & enhancement Projects.

 

Meeting was adjourned at: 8:45 p.m.

 

Minutes submitted by Sherry Rosenlund

 

Next meeting will be: June 25, 2002, 7 p.m., Nativity Lutheran Church, 17707 –140th SE

 

 

 

 

 

 

April 23, 2002

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

Annual Homeowner’s Meeting

April 23, 2002

 

 

The meeting was called to order by Dale Prior

 

Board members present:  All members present

 

The minutes were read by: Sherry Rosenlund and approved by members in attendance.

 

Fire District #40 Report: No report at this time.

 

King County Sheriff’s Report: Officer Sam Shirley was present for questions.

Officer Shirley will assist Rick Heinz and Allan Revenig in establishing a Block Watch program. Officer Shirley explained this is an area low in violent crimes; however, there are been several car thefts in the Fairwood area, mostly Hondas in apartment complexes.  When asked about fireworks for the upcoming holiday, Officer Shirley stated fireworks that can be LEGALLY purchased are permitted and can be set-off July 1st through July 4th at reasonable hours.

Officer Sam Shirley can be reached at 425-296-3111 or samshirley@metrokc.gov

 

Treasurer’s Report:  Annual financial report available for all homeowners.  There were no changes made to the budget.  Jennifer Beardall reviewed the budget with no questions from homeowners and those present unanimously ratified it.  Legal action will be taken for those homeowners not current on their annual dues.

 

Landscaping Report:  Shawn reported work completed this last year.  He has continuously worked hard coordinating landscapers to repair irrigation in the Tot Lot and Sports Court.  There were 4 concrete trashcans placed to aid homeowners in clean up. He is working with landscapers to keep those cans emptied regularly. Shawn continues to work closely with the county to ensure both entrances are finished to the satisfaction of the board.

 

Architectural Control Report:  John recapped the last year and advised there have been no new formal requests received this month. PLEASE REMEMBER TO HAVE ANY PROJECTS APPROVED PRIOR TO BEGINNING WORK.  He will be working closely with attorney Marion Morgenstern to establish specific procedures and guidelines.

 

Community Relations Report:  There were no new homeowners in April; however, there are 3 homes listed for sale in The Gables.

 

Social Committee Report:  Rod Moore listed upcoming events and asked homeowners present for input on events they would like have.

April 27, 2002:  Spring Clean-up – Sign up for aerator and edger with Shawn Martin at 425-235-8261.

May 11, 2002:  Golf Tournament – sign up with Russ Stocek

May 17-19, 2002:  Garage Sale – Contact Geri Martin for details 425-235-8261

Mid June:  Summer kick-off BBQ

 

140th Construction Report: Jim Nold reported that we have come a long way since this time last year.  The county projects completion the first week of June, 2002.  Jim continues to work with the county on:

·        6 feet of fence needs replacing at The Gables entrance

·        Cut off 15 ft of rail at The Gables

·        Fence & guard rail needs to be extended at Woodward

·        Several pillow blocks are missing

·        Fence needed on walking trail between Woodward and The Gables

·        Guard rail or fence needed above the gazebo area

 

Jim has 60 evergreens provided by the county for homeowners at the toe of the hill to plant.  Stop by his place to pick them up.

 

Security Report: Rick Heinz and Allan Revenig will work with Officer Sam Shirley to establish a Block Watch program for both Woodward and The Gables.  They request:

·        For Safety Sake – TURN ON YOUR PORCH LIGHT at dusk

·        SLOW DOWN when driving in the developments.  The weather is nice and there are lots of kids playing.

 

Old Business:  Dale Prior explained the need for legal representation.  The Board has retained Marion Morgenstern as our legal advisor.  She will structure the board according to Elliott Farms CC&Rs and By-laws.  Dale also took a moment to thank all the board and committee members for their service to the community over the last year

 

New Business:  Next Annual meeting will be October 22, 2002.  It was requested the principal from Tiffany Park Elementary be available for questions.  Any parents with children starting school please note May 8th will be Kindergarten Round-up at Tiffany Park Elementary.

 

Meeting was adjourned at:  8:45 p.m.

 

Minutes submitted by Sherry Rosenlund

 

Next meeting will be:  May 21, 2002, 7 p.m., Nativity Lutheran Church, 17707 –140th SE

 

March 26, 2002

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

Board of Trustees Meeting

March 26, 2002

 

 

The meeting was called to order at:  7:05 pm

 

Board members present:  Dale Prior, Russ Stocek, Shawn Martin, John Ross, Sherry Rosenlund, and homeowner Rick Heintz.

 

Board member not in attendance:  Brent Beardall, Allan Revenig, and Rod Moore

 

The minutes were read by: John Ross and approved by members in attendance.

 

Fire District #40 Report: Lt. Neil Samueosen reported that Spring is now upon us and many will be trimming trees and clearing shrubs.  Outdoor burning is NOT allowed in this area per the Puget Sound Clean Air Act.  Also, the 1st weekend in April (7th) we will set our clocks back and a reminder to replace fire alarm batteries.  The fire station has extras, if anyone is in need.

 

King County Sheriff’s Report:  No report at this time.

 

Treasurer’s Report:  (Brent Beardall) No report at this time.

 

Landscaping Report:  Shawn reported is still working on bids for mailboxes cleaning and painting.  The new nets for the Sports Court will be installed the 1st week in April.

 

Architectural Control Report:  John reported there has been no new formal requests received this month.

 

Community Relations Report:  Sherry brought welcome basket sample for the Boards approval.  These will be delivered to all neighbors new in the last 6 months and all future new neighbors.

 

Social Committee Report:  (Rod Moore)  No report at this time.

Spring Clean-up – Board agreed to set April 27th as Spring Clean-up.  The Board will rent aeriator, and edger for homeowners to use for $5 each and schedule ½ hour usage.  Call Shawn Martin at 425-235-8261 or e-mail shawmar@bigfoot.com for your reservation.

Garage Sale – No New Information

Easter Egg Hunt – No New Information

Golf Tournament – May 11th.  Contact Russ Stocek for participation form. Don’t miss this exciting way to meet your neighbors.

 

140th Construction Report: Shawn and Dale reported the county has agreed to place 2 digital speed signs on 140th.  PSE has moved the utilities for the Woodward monument.  The county will begin work on each entrance very soon.  They will replace trees and shrubs to return the appearance as close as possible to prior to construction.

No resolution yet on the path.

 

Security Report:  Rick reported that due to budget constraints Elliott Farms will need to manage the Block Watch program for this neighborhood.  For more information contact Rick Heinz or Allan Revenig

 

Old Business:  Legal representation.  The Board interviewed Marion Morgenstern as our legal advisor.  Marion works primarily in real estate and commercial litigation and devotes much of her practice to advising homeowners’ and condominium owners associations.  The board voted unanimously to hire Marion Morgenstern.  Dale Prior will follow-up with her.

 

New Business:  Annual Homeowners Meeting  April 23,2002!  All homeowners please do not miss this meeting.

 

Meeting was adjourned at: 9:30 p.m.

 

Minutes submitted by  Sherry Rosenlund

 

Next meeting will be:  April 23, 2002, 7 p.m., Nativity Lutheran Church, 17707 –140th SE

 

 

 

 

 

 

February 26, 2002

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

Board of Trustees Meeting

February 26, 2002

 

 

The meeting was called to order at:  7:00 pm

 

Board members present:  Dale Prior, Russ Stocek, Shawn Martin, John Ross, Brent Beardall, Allan Revenig, Sherry Rosenlund, Jim Nold, and Rod Moore.

 

Board member not in attendance:  All board members are present

 

The minutes were read by: Russ Stocek and approved by members in attendance.

 

Fire District #40 Report:  Stan Moe came with update on new fire engine purchased and scheduled for delivery in approximately 6 months.  The current most used engine will be rotated to reserve and the current oldest reserve engine will be sold.

 

King County Sheriff’s Report:  no report at this time

 

Treasurer’s Report:  Brent Beardall reported that several homeowners have not yet paid their 2002 dues.  He will work with the new legal council to proceed in collecting all outstanding association dues.  Brent also reported he is working to finalize this years budget for presentation at the annual meeting

 

Landscaping Report:  Shawn reported a quote of $2600. for drainage upgrade and replacement of rusted valves in the Sport Court area.  He is still working on bids for mailboxes cleaning and painting.

 

Architectural Control Report:  John reported there have been no formal requests submitted this month.  He is looking into a way to maintain records of all architectural activities.  This is the most common activity within Homeowner’s Associations requiring legal advise, so he will be working with the new legal council to insure all requests and activity is handled properly.

 

Community Relations Report:  Sherry brought the new Neighborhood Interest Survey form for the committees review.  It was approved and she will start interviewing homeowners, gathering information and prepare a preliminary directory by next meeting.

Also, welcome baskets will be delivered to recent newcomers this week.

 

Social Committee Report:  Rod reported upcoming events:

Spring Clean-up – no date set.

Garage Sale – coordinate with Maple Ridge for a date

Easter Egg Hunt – no date set

Golf Tournament – May 11th; contact Russ Stocek for participation form.

 

140th Construction Report:  Jim, Shawn and Dale met with county regarding entries. County has agreed to do everything as requested.   Jim reported work cannot begin on the Woodward monument until PSE moves the conduits.  Brent & Shawn will submit request to PSE.  Jim will meet with Mr. Huang (replacing John O’Brien) to show him exactly where the 4’ x 300’ fence needs to go on the trail between the Gables and Woodward.  Dale reported that wiring and irrigation is all tore up around The Gables monument and will also need plant replacement.

 

Jim is still discussing possibility of traffic light at Gables entrance.  It was recommended that we look into a speed meter to help control speeds on 140th.

 

Security Report:  Allan reported on security cameras at each entrance.  This would require 2 cameras at each entrance; one camera to capture the license plate number and the other to give a wider view for a vehicle description. Cost would be $2,000.-$4,000. if installed on an existing structure such as a home or perhaps the monuments vs. $10,000-$15,000 if a structure is built.  He will ask the vendor to do a presentation at the March meeting.

 

Old Business:  No report on moving the Gazebo.

 

New Business:  Annual Homeowners Meeting in April

 

A special Thank You to Jim, Dale, Shawn and John for taking time from work and all their efforts in getting both entrances repaired.

 

Meeting was adjourned at: 8:45 p.m.

 

Minutes submitted by:

 

Next meeting will be:  March 26, 2002, 7 p.m., Nativity Lutheran Church, 17707 –140th SE

 

 

 

 

 

 

January 22, 2002

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

Board of Trustees Meeting

January 22, 2002

 

 

  1. The meeting was called to order at:  7:00 p.m.

 

  1. Board members present: Dale Prior, Russ Stocek, Shawn Martin, John Ross and homeowner Rick Heinz

 

  1. Board members not in attendance: Brent Beardall, Rod Moore, Allan Revenig. Sherry Rosenlund, Maria Elena Geyer, Jim Nold.

 

  1. The minutes were read by: minutes were not read.:not enough board members in attendance for approval.

 

  1. Fire District #40 Report:  Stan Moe came and did a presentation on a Thermal Imaging Camera that works off of the heat produced by whatever produces heat. For example, when entering a smoke filled room the user can aim the camera at the ceiling and see if the fire is above them or at the floor to see if the fire is below. It can spot a fire in a wall or can tell where a person or animal has been standing or sitting within the last 15 minutes or so.

 

  1. King County Sheriff’s Report: no report at this time

 

  1. Treasurer’s Report: Brent was not present. Dale Prior reported that we have a new PO Box #    It is PO Box# 710 Renton WA 98058.  Will need to make some changes in the budget to allow for a legal person and landscaping issues.

 

  1. Landscaping Report: Shawn requested and received authorization to proceed with a drainage upgrade and replacement of rusted valves in the Sport Court area.  Shawn was asked to get quotes for cleaning and repainting the mailboxes in both developments

 

  1. Architectural Control Report: John Ross had no report at this time and Allan Revenig was not present.

 

  1. Community Relations Report: Sherry Rosenlund was not present. Dale asked the board to firm up dates for the events this year so all can know months in advance.

 

  1. Social Committee Report: Rod Moore was not present. Dale reported that the Progressive Dinner in   Woodward was well represented. All had a good time.  The Gables is due to have one soon. The Holiday Lighting Contest also went well. (Russ Stocek headed up the contest) Thank you again to all that participated.

 

  1. 140th Construction Report: Dale reported that the board received from the county, the new plan regarding landscaping of our entrances…a new landscaping plan was designed and implementation is to begin soon. After reviewing, the board has suggested some changes in the plan.  Jim Nold will follow up with the county on our request.

 

  1. Security Report:  Allan Revenig was not present…no report at this time.   NOTE: Rick Heinz (Homeowner) has volunteered to head up a Blockwatch program and is currently trying to contact the proper authorities.

 

  1. Old Business: Dale prior will continue efforts to secure legal counsel

 

  1. New Business: Research possibility of moving the Gazebo up to the Tot Park to be utilized more by the community.  Russ Stocek has volunteered to be on the fire districts Community Action Committee.  Congratulations to John Ross family. The Ross’s have been blessed with a baby girl; Cassandra Lynn Ross   Cassandra was born on Jan 21st at 4:41AM. Weighed 7.5 # and is 19.25 “ long

 

Meeting was adjourned at: 8:30 p.m.

 

Minutes submitted by:  Dale Prior                                           Date: 01/23/02

 

Next meeting will be:  February 26,2002

7 p.m.

Nativity Lutheran Church

17707-140 th-S.E..

October 30, 2001

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

Board of Trustees Meeting

October 30, 2001

 

 

  1. The meeting was called to order at: 7:30 p.m.

 

  1. Board members present: Dale Prior, Russ Stoceck, Sherry Rosenlund, Maria Elena Geyer, and Jim Nold.

 

  1. Board members not in attendance: Brent Beardall, Shawn Martin, Rod Moore, John Ross, and Allan Revenig.

 

  1. The minutes were read by: Minutes were not read, not enough board members in attendance for approval.

 

  1. Fire District #40 Report: No report at this time.

 

  1. King County Sheriff’s Report: No report at this time

 

  1. Treasurer’s Report: Brent was not present. Dale Prior reported on continue effort to acquire a post  office box; also work still needs to be done to prepare homeowners letter for mailing.  Dale will check with Brent regarding delinquent status, and our financial report.

 

  1. Landscaping Report: Shawn was not present. No report at this time.

 

  1. Architectural Control Report: John Ross and Allan Revenig were not present. No report at this time.

 

  1. Community Relations Report: Sherry Rosenlund reported on” Welcome Packages” for new homeowners are now ready. She would like to include a “board member phone directory” and will begin to work on it.  Also, she would like to develop a brief survey to gather homeowner’s social interest.  Board to help with this effort.  Further more, Sherry reported on five houses for sale at this time.

 

  1. Social Committee Report: Rod Moore was not present. Russ Stoceck reported on “golf day” participants had a great day lots of fun.  Progressive Dinner is now in the planning phase: Jim Nold is willing to assist with this project.

 

  1. 140th Construction Report: Jim Nold reported on a notice (e-mail) received from the city regarding landscaping of our entrances. A new landscaping plan was designed and implementation is to begin this fall.. no specific timeline was given for completion.

 

  1. Security Report: Allan Revenig was not present…no report at this time.

 

  1. Old Business: Dale prior will continue efforts to secure legal counsel

 

  1. New Business: Plans are now underway to have a “Holiday decoration contest” also, Board will be working on next years budget.

 

Meeting was adjourned at: 8:00 p.m.

 

Minutes submitted by:  Maria Elena Geyer                              Date: 11/01/01

 

Next meeting will be:  November 27th.

7 p.m.

Nativity Lutheran Church

17707-140 th-S.E..

September 25, 2001

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

 

Board of Trustees Meeting

 

September 25, 2001

 

 

 

  1. The meeting was called to order at: 7:05 p.m.

 

  1. Board members present: Dale Prior, Russ Stocek, Shawn Martin, Sherry Rosenlund, Rod Moore, John Ross, Maria Elena Geyer.

 

  1. Board members not in attendance: Jim Nold, Brent Beardall

 

  1. The minutes were read by: Maria Elena Geyer and unanimously approved by the Board members present.

 

  1. Fire District #40 Report: No report given.

 

  1. King County Sheriff’s Report: No report given.

 

  1. Treasurer’s Report: Brent Beardall was not present. Dale Prior reported in terms of the status of our delinquent dues; we have 1 or 2 homeowners delinquent and are working towards rectifying this. No progress on obtaining post office box. Further evaluation of this will be conducted.

 

  1. Landscaping Report: Shawn Martin reported on the continuing challenges with our watering devices; for now the systems are shut off until further solutions can be found. Shawn also provided an update on the arrival of the garbage cans and will work on positioning them in designated areas. He will also find an irrigation system company that will winterize our irrigation systems as well as trying to get a “neighborhood package” for all homeowners interested in drain irrigation systems for winter. No progress on landscaping the entryway at this time. Shawn also reported the purchase of 2 basketball nets.

 

  1. Architectural Control Report: John Ross reported completion of the letter to homeowners reminding them of the covenants; letter to be mailed within a week. No submission of any architectural proposals for review at this time.

 

  1. Community Relations Report: Sherry Rosenlund reported new “Welcome” packages will be ready next month. Also transfer of CC&R to new homeowners will be accomplished by contacting the selling agent; “they” will handle the transfer for the Board.

 

  1. Social Committee Report: Rod Moore reported on the Community Labor Day party; a few residents participated. Pictures of the event will be posted on our web-site. Russ Stocek provided an update on “Golf Day” — 8 people signed up; plans are moving forward.

 

  1. 140th Construction Report: No report given.

 

  1. Security Report: Allan Revenig was not present. Dale Prior reported: no progress on Blockwatch options at this time. There was a car broken into and an attempt was made to steal it in Woodward.  Please be aware of suspicious vehicles and people in our neighborhoods. Be a good neighbor and tell your neighbor when their garage door is left open at night.

 

  1. Old Business: Dale Prior reported no progress on securing legal counsel at this time. Rod Moore suggested the use of his father-in-law; Dale will research further.
  • Sherry Rosenlund reported on having “Woodward” stationary (about 250 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper and some Gables “blank cards” and wanted to know if the Board could use them in the near future.

 

  1. New Business:
  • Holiday party and Progressive Dinner: Rod Moore will help coordinate at Woodward; Dale Prior wants John Ross to coordinate at the Gables; more details to follow. The date for the Progressive Dinner was identified to be December 9, 2001.
  • Dale Prior also recommended the Board start working on next year’s budget; he wants to incorporate yearly activities with the yearly budget planning process, thus creating a yearly event calendar for 2002.
  • Further discussion took place regarding homeowner’s participation and help. John Ross suggested the development of a questionnaire to get homeowner’s feedback on “what would you  like to see maintained in your communities” and “what would you like to do in terms of activities” — more discussion to follow.
  • Shawn Martin suggested getting bids for “landscaping/cleaning/weeding” of our common areas that are not currently being maintained, so that cost can be communicated to homeowners.

 

Meeting was adjourned at: 8:33 p.m.

 

Minutes submitted by:  Maria Elena Geyer                              Date:  September 28, 2001

 

Next meeting will be:

 

October 30th

7 p.m.

Nativity Lutheran Church

17707 – 140th SE

August 28, 2001

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

Board of Trustees Meeting

August 28, 2001

 

 

  1. The meeting was called to order at 7:10 p.m.

 

  1. Board members present: Dale Prior, Russ Stocek, Shawn Martin, Sherry Rosenlund, Allen Revenig, Maria Elena Geyer, John Ross

 

  1. Board members not in attendance: Rod Moore, Jim Nold, and Brent Beardall. Homeowner Darrett Kanayama was present, representing Jim Nold from the Gables.

 

  1. The minutes were read by: Maria Elena Geyer, who taking Lynn Martin’s place on the Board, and were unanimously approved by the Board members present.
  2. Fire District #40 Report: Bob Jason explained several programs/services to the group including: the use of their facilities for meetings, safety night program designed to educate homeowners on fire safety — we are to let them know if interested. Also reminded all of us of dry years, such as this one, to keep a defensible space around your home. Bushes and trees need to be kept away. In addition, he reported that children are going back to school — please take note and slow down when entering or exiting our communities.
  3. King County Sheriff’s Report: no report.
  4. Treasurer’s Report: no report. Dale Prior reported that Brent Beardall continues to work on getting a post office box.
  5. Landscaping report: Shawn Martin reported on the irrigation systems at both the Gables and Woodward will continue to work with sprinkler system company to control standing water. Otherwise systems are working well. Shawn also provided specs/info regarding garbage cans for the Tot Park, gazebo and the sport court. The Board reviewed information and unanimously approved purchase at $345 per can plus $55 delivery charge.

Further discussion on progress of landscaping entryway continued. Dale Prior reported that the County was contacted and agrees with the Board that “our entry was severely impacted by the street construction.” The County is now requesting the previous design. Dale will work with previous landscape designer to obtain original specifications and try to get as much of our previous design from the County as possible.

  1. Architectural Control Report: John Ross presented a letter to be mailed to the homeowners, reminding them of the covenants. The Board reviewed the letter and recommended further concerns to be included. John will modify letter. Maria Elena Geyer to research status of mailing envelopes by contacting Lynn Martin. Additional discussion regarding the architectural form in the Fairwood Flyer continued. The Board is now ready to implement this form to formally review the submission of any architectural proposal from the homeowners.
  2. Community Relations Report: Sherry Rosenlund reported that the Fairwood Flyer is now circulating on a monthly basis. She will continue her research with the Escrow Company regarding updates on homeowners moving in and out, as well as transfer of CC&R from one owner to another. New “Welcome” packages will be presented to the Board at our next Board meeting.
  3. Social Committee Report: Rod Moore was not present. Dale Prior reported continuation with plans for a Labor Day Party at the gazebo from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Monday, September 3rd. Dale also reported successful results from the community garage sale. Thanks to all who helped with the event. Russ Stocek presented the “Golf Day” flyer for review. The event is scheduled for October 6, 2001; $50 per person. Flyer to be distributed to the homeowners the first week in September.
  4. 140th Construction Report: Jim Nold was not present. Darrett Kanayama reported concern regarding on-coming traffic to the Gables. He will continue to research parking of vehicles at the entrance. Woodward residences please continue to be cautious at the intersection; many people don’t stop at the light when it is red.
  5. Security Report: Allen Revenig reported that further discussion/decision regarding a lock gate be postponed until construction is completed. Dale Prior reported that the gate installation would require a city permit.
  6. Old Business: Dale Prior reported on his research for legal counsel; three lawyers were contacted. He will have final recommendation next month.
  7. New Business: Dale Prior reported on City of Renton web-site. They match funds to enhance/beautify communities. This strategy could be considered in the future.

 

Meeting was adjourned at:   9:10 p.m.

 

Next meeting will be at:   September 25th at 7 p.m. at the Nativity Lutheran Church, 17707 – 140th SE.