February 28, 2017

Elliott Farm Homeowners’ Association

February 28, 2017

Attending: Gordon Hill(President), Meg Paul(Treasurer), Penny Gowen(Secretary)Linh Hirano(ACC), Rob Shafer(LCC), Homeowners(5), Special Guest, Philip Cady of Elite Roofing

Meeting called to order at 7:00pm

The meeting opened with Philip Cady of Elite Roofing. Philip was present to review options for new roofs in our community. The majority of the roofs in our neighborhood are the original ones placed by the builder and the time for updating them is near. The board is seeking bids to facilitate a group discount for those who wish to participate.

Elite roofing is offering a 7% discount should 7 or more homeowners enter into contract with them for a new roof. For more information on Elite Roofing contact at Philip@eliteroofnw.com

Reports

Secretary: The minutes from the January meeting were approved as read.

President: Gordon announced the appointment of the Board of Directors and welcomed two new committee chairmen. The officers will be as follows; President, Gordon Hill, Treasurer, Meg Paul, Secretary, Penny Gowen, Architectural Control, Linh Hirano, Landscape Chair, Rob Shafer. The website will be updated to include the new chairmen.

Treasurer: Meg reported that 13 homeowners still have not paid this year’s dues. One homeowner has met the requirement to have a lien processed against the property. The board voted and approved the pursuit of the lien. Gordon will contact the attorney to start the filing.

Landscaping Chairman: Rob Shafer will be the new Landscape Chairman. This summer the board may consider bids to have mulch placed in the common areas.

March 25th is the date for the clean up along 140th.

A couple of the signs along 140th have rotted. King County has been called to replace them.

Architectural Control Chairman: Linh Hirano is the new Architectural Control Chair. The board will be doing home report cards before April.

New Business: One homeowner would like the board to reconsider his request for an antenna.

Old Business: No Dumping sign have been placed at the green belt but dumping is still occurring.

Meeting Adjourned at 8:20pm

Next meeting is the March 28, 2017 at 7pm at Nativity Lutheran Church.

All Homeowners are encouraged to attend

Respectfully submitted,

Penny Gowen

EFHOA Secretary

January 24, 2017

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

January 24, 2017

Attending:  Gordon Hill (President), Meg Paul (Treasurer), Penny Gowen (Secretary), Chris Rodrigues (ACC), Homeowners (4)
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm
Reports
Secretary: The minutes from the November meeting were approved as read.
President: Gordon reported that the banking information and signature cards need to be updated with the bank. He will make an appointment to have that done.
He also noted the board needs to create a committee to handle the management of information of all the rented homes. The board will discuss the details and responsibilities of the committee chair.
Treasurer: Meg reported 60 homeowners have paid their dues thus far. The final date to pay is Feb. 20th. There is one homeowner who still has not paid the 2016 dues. Currently there are no liens against properties.
Landscaping Chairman: Gordon will be acting LC until a replacement can be found. He noted we should look at potential new landscape companies to get competitive bids. Natural Landscape has already told us they will increase their fees and it could be more than what we have budgeted.  The landscapers will be cleaning the pine needles off of the gazebo in the Gables park.
Architectural Control Chairman: Old Business: One request was received from a homeowner in the Gables to add a greenhouse. The board will review and discuss.
New Business: The appointment of the Board of Directors is as follows; Gordon Hill, President; Meg Paul, Treasurer; Penny Gowen Secretary.
The board will actively look into bids from roofing companies to see if we could get a group rate if several homes sign on.
A homeowner has noticed a lot of dumping in the green belt along the path recently stating that people are dumping Christmas trees and shrubs. There is concern for erosion and the homeowner asked if a fence could be put up to prevent further dumping. The board will look into that but thought a no dumping sign would be good until another option could be found.
One homeowner asked about the rules regarding parking trailers and that one home had been in violation for several weeks.

Old Business: The board decided not to purchase a new pressure washer.
The board did not approve the homeowner’s request to install the antenna.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:00pm
Next meeting is the February 28,2017 at 7pm at Nativity Lutheran Church.
All Homeowners are encouraged to attend.

Respectfully submitted,
Penny Gowen
EFHOA Secretary

September 26, 2016

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

September 26, 2016

 

Attending: Chris Rodrigues (President), Meg Paul (Treasurer), Penny Gowen(Secretary), Gordon Hill (LC), Joy Church(Bookkeeper), Homeowners(1)

Meeting called to order at 7:05pm

Reports

Secretary: Minutes of the August 23rd meeting were approved as read.

President: Chris reported that the final draft of the amendment has been prepared and is ready to mail out.   The deadline for ballots to be returned will be November 1st.

Chris added that the board is moving forward on placing a lien against a homeowner who owes back dues. Joy commented that delinquencies have been much fewer than in past years.

Treasurer: Joy clarified the reasoning behind some of the line items in the budget. National Night Out was under budget this year. Meg and Joy went over the landscaping budget and reviewed the estimate from Matt’s Tree Service for the removal of the trees at the Woodward entrance.

Gordon asked for a breakdown of the costs of lighting the entrance in comparison to previous years.

Landscaping Chairman: Gordon reported that Matt’s Tree Service will remove the final trees from the entrance. He will see if any of the trees may remain so it is not so bare.

The contract with the landscaping company is up and Gordon asked if the board wanted to seek a renewal. The board approved renewing the contract for the same price as the current contract.

Gordon will get bids on cleaning out the sprinkler system.

Architectural Control Chairman: None

Old Business: Joy will send out contact info so the board can mail out the CC&R updates. Deadline for the ballots to be returned is Nov.1st.

New Business: The website needs to be updated with new contact info.

Parking continues to be a concern on 141st especially. The board will look into different options to help ease the situation.

The HOA will have a Halloween parade for the kids at the sport court on Monday Oct. 31st at 6:30. – weather permitting.

The board needs to prepare for the annual meeting in October.

Meeting called to adjourn at 8:00pm.

Next meeting is the annual meeting on October25th, 2016 at 7pm at Nativity Lutheran Church.

All Homeowners are encouraged to attend.

Respectfully submitted,

Penny Gowen

EFHOA Secretary

August 23, 2016

Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

August 23, 2016

Attending: Chris Rodrigues (President), Meg Pau l(Treasurer), Penny Gowen (Secretary), Gordon Hill (LC), Homeowners(0)

Meeting called to order at 7:05pm

Reports

Secretary: Minutes of the July 26th meeting were approved as amended.

President: Chris reported that the attorney has submitted a preliminary draft of the CC&R updates for the board to review and edit for final draft and legal review.

Treasurer: Meg will set up a meeting with Joy to review a couple of line items of the budget.

Landscaping Chairman: Gordon reported the annual irrigation inspection has been completed for all common ground properties in the community.

Gordon noted that the landscaper has cleared the path between the two communities. Gordon will get estimates for removing the remainder of the trees from the Woodward entrance.

Architectural Control Chairman: None

Old Business: Review attorney’s initial draft

New Business: The board is recruiting new members! Please contact Chris if you are interested in volunteering. This is a great way to meet your neighbors and have a positive impact on our community!

A representative from the Fire Dept. attended the meeting and reported on some tips to help us help the Fire Dept. in emergency situations. He recommended having your house number visible for aid cars to see clearly so they can respond to the correct home. Cut back overgrown grass and shrubs that can easily catch fire in during our dry summer months.

Meeting called to adjourn at 8:03pm

Next meeting is September 27th, 2016 at 7pm at Nativity Lutheran Church.

All Homeowners are encouraged to attend.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Penny Gowen

EFHOA Secretary

July 26, 2016

Elliott Farm Homeowners’ Association

July 26th, 2016

Attending: Chris Rodrigues(President), Meg Paul(Treasurer), Penny Gowen(Secretary), Gordon Hill(LC), Sean Bauer(ACC); Homeowners(2)

Meeting called to order at 7:05pm

Reports

Secretary: Minutes of the June 28th meeting were approved as read.

President: Chris reported that the legal firm in Kent has been hired to review and update our CC&Rs for a flat fee of $1200. The attorney will submit a preliminary draft for the board to review and edit for final draft and legal review. Chris mentioned he has found a copy of the CC&Rs of a neighboring community to use as a guide.

Treasurer: Meg reported that the landscaping line item is over budget. Potentially need to hold off on hiring the arborist to assess the green belt this year. to hold off on hiring the arborist to assess the green belt this year. The HOA recently appeared in court concerning a property with outstanding dues. The HOA was awarded payment of the outstanding dues and the title was cleared.

Landscaping Chairman: Gordon reported that he met with a couple of people regarding the sprinkler system around the gazebo at the Gables. No leaks have ben found in the lines yet water continues to pool. This weekend gravel will be placed in the area near the picnic table until a contractor can be found to fill with concrete.

Gordon contacted the community landscaper to clean the path between the two communities, which is currently overrun with blackberry vines. He also requested that all the trees be removed from the Woodward entry.

The fence around the sport court will be tabled for the time being. The basketball hoop needs a new net.

Architectural Control Chairman: Sean reported that he received one submission for a home to be painted in the Woodward. This is Sean’s last meeting as his term has come to an end. The board thanked Sean for his service and support over the years!

Old Business: Holding off on fence around the sport court.

New Business: Attorney has been hired. Awaiting the first draft of CC&R updates. President will assume role of ACC until a replacement can be found.

Car reported stolen in the Gables. Homeowners are reminded to lock car doors and keep valuables out of sight.

National Night Out on August 2 will be hosted by the Elliott Farm HOA. Ice cream and water will be served at the Woodward sport court at 7:00 PM.

Meeting called to adjourn at 7:45pm

Next meeting is August 23rd, 2016 at 7pm at Nativity Lutheran Church.

All Homeowners are encouraged to attend

Respectfully submitted,

Penny Gowen, EFHOA Secretary

May 24, 2016

Elliott Farm Homeowners’ Association

 May 24th, 2016

Attending: Chris Rodrigues(President), Penny Gowen(Secretary), Gordon Hill(LC), Sean Bauer(ACC); Homeowners(0)

Meeting called to order at 7:04pm

Reports

Secretary: Minutes of the April 26th meeting were approved as read.

Treasurer: Joy will e-mail Meg with a finance update. Chris will be going to court on June 3rd regarding back dues owed the community by a homeowner. The Board of Directors unanimously voted to pursue the collection of delinquent dues of another homeowner.

Landscaping Chairman: Gordon reported that Matt’s Tree service has been selected to remove and mulch the trees from the Woodward entrance. This is at a cost of 8 trees for $600. About two dozen homeowners used the aerator and thatcher. The sprinklers have been turned on at both entrances. Gordon will contact the landscaper regarding the sprinklers in the Gables park area which are not on as of yet.

A natural fence has been chosen for the area around the sport court.

Architectural Control Chairman: Sean reported that he received one submission for a home to be painted in the Woodward. The shed is now complete and in compliance. Sean offered the idea of having several paint colors that are pre-approved by the board for the homeowners to use to help alleviate any confusion of terms regarding painting as outlined in the CC&Rs. The board will take this into consideration.

Old Business: The board continues to review options for updating the CC&Rs.

New Business: Review list of homeowners who have continued to be in violation of the CC&Rs despite multiple notices from the board. Discuss how to proceed and enforce the rules.

Consider looking into a group bid for new roofing. Our roofs are getting close to the age of needing to be replaced, perhaps it is more economical for multiple homes to use one company and receive a group discount.

Next meeting is June 28th, 2016 at 7pm

Respectfully submitted,

Penny Gowen – EFHOA Secretary

April 23, 2016

Elliott Farm Homeowners’ Association

April 26th, 2016

 

Attending: Chris Rodrigues(President), Penny Gowen(Secretary), Gordon Hill(LC), Sean Bauer(ACC); Homeowners(2)

Meeting called to order at 7:02pm

Reports

Secretary: Minutes of the March 22nd meeting were approved as amended

Treasurer: Meg reported that there are still a few homeowners who are late in paying their HOA dues. Approximately 96% of dues have been collected to date. We are on balance for expenses.

Landscaping Chairman: Gordon reported that he did a walk through with the landscaper. Six trees need to be removed from the Woodward entrance, they are too dry and could pose a fire hazard. This will be at a cost of $100/tree for a total of $600. The board is considering other alternatives. Some shrubs need to be moved around and the blood grass will be removed. The pampas grass at the Gables entry will be removed at a cost of $600. The landscapers will also clear the trail and rake up the loose rocks at the base of the cul-de-sac. This weekend they will aerate and thatch the common areas.

Gordon updated the board that the lighting project at the Woodward entrance is complete. The board extended its thanks and appreciation to Mark Cadle for all of his help toward this project.

The fence around the sport court was also discussed. The options to consider so far are putting a chain link fence or a natural fence of shrubs or ivy.

Architectural Control Chairman: Sean reported that he received two submissions. One for a storage shed for a home in the Woodward and one for a small garden fence for a home in the Gables.

Old Business: Lighting project for the Woodward entry is complete. Aerator and thatcher will be delivered Friday night for homeowners use the weekend of 4/30, 5/1. The board will consider options for the fence around the sport court.

New Business: The board is considering options for updating the CC&Rs.

Meeting called to adjourn at 8:00pm

Next meeting is May 23rd, 2016 at 7pm

Respectfully submitted,

Penny Gowen

EFHOA Secretary

February 23, 2016

Minutes of the Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association

February 23, 2016

The meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM by President Chris Rodrigues. Also present were Gordon Hill, landscaping chair, Sean Bauer, architectural control chair, and Shirleann Nold, secretary. Meg Paul, treasurer, was absent.

The minutes from December were read and amended to read that Gordon has requested 3 bids for new fencing at the sport court, but none have been submitted.

Our bookkeeper/treasurers reported that 79% of dues have been collected. It is important to note that dues fund maintenance of common grounds, permits, license, taxes, utilities, arborists and special projects we face as a community. This creates a well- groomed setting that helps maintain property values. On March 1st, dues will be delinquent and a late fee will be assessed. There is just one bank owned home for sale now in our community.

Gordon (landscaping) reported that the new lights for the Woodward entrance will cost @$1500. We are waiting for the remaining dues to be received before ordering. The lights that are already in place in Gables are saving the HOA over ½ of last year’s electric bill.

May 7th has been set as the date for our annual community clean up date. Gordon will rent the aerator and thatcher from Ace Hardware and homeowners can contact Gordon to reserve them, at no cost, for that date.

Tentatively, Saturday, April 30th, is scheduled to be the 140th clean-up day. Chris is attempting to coordinate with Maple Ridge development, which does an excellent job of cleaning along the opposite side of the road. To solve the problem of the limited line of sight near the entrance to Gables, we will ask our landscapers to attempt to move the two closest plants farther up the hill.

We may lose a few more trees near the Woodward entrance due to the drought last summer. We are in a wait and see period.

Gordon is also looking at bids to add gutters to the gazebo. Gutters, plus some improvement in drainage around the gazebo may eliminate the water accumulation problem there.

Our annual garage sale is tentatively scheduled for July 8, 9, and 10.

Sean reported just one new submission for fence repair.

The board addressed neighborhood security once again. Two signs have been ordered at a cost of $11 each for the entrances indicating a Neighborhood Watch. After much discussion the board has determined that it cannot be responsible for neighborhood security i.e. security patrols, electronic gates, car stickers (which many have said they would not support), and entry way camera systems. The camera system cost would be prohibitive to the association and monitoring the data collected would be a logistical nightmare. As advised by King County sheriff’s department our streets public roads and the data collected would be inadmissible in the court of law. The ultimate responsibility rests on each homeowner to secure their property. Security includes locking doors on cars left in driveways and on the street, removing garage door openers from same, leaving outdoor lights on overnight, installing their own home security system and/or security cameras. Almost all home break-ins have resulted from lapses in personal security such as car or house doors left unlocked. The HOA’s responsibility is to maintain the common grounds / utilities and enforce the CC&R’s of our community.

The board addressed the new issue of rental property that houses non-single family tenants. Our CC&R’s state rental properties are to be for single families only. Given this is up for interpretation the board is seeking legal advice on this matter.

The board discussed fire lane safety and instituting a plan for parking only on the side of the road with a sidewalk. The opposite curb would be painted red to prohibit parking. The board’s primary concern is that our community does not limit access to emergency vehicles.

We will be correcting the link for ACC submissions on our website. Currently we cannot access this form. The board will be adding new software to our website that will allow better compatibility with the host. The new software will cost $200. We are currently budgeted for $300 annually. We will add the Neighborhood Watch brochure for downloading on our site.

Shirleann Nold, secretary, tendered her resignation from the board after 2 years as she will be moving. Anyone interested to serve as secretary please contact Chris Rodrigues.

The meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM

The next meeting will be held on March 22, 2016 at Nativity Lutheran Church at 7PM. All are encouraged to attend.

Respectfully submitted,

Shirleann Nold,

Secretary