Elliott Farm Homeowner’s Association
August 28, 2012
The meeting was called to order at 8:00pm by Dale Prior. Linda North, Dale, Chris Rodrigues, and Rob Wick were present. Also present was Joy Church, Bookkeeper. The minutes were read and discussed. The last two sentences under the Landscaping Report will be stricken from the records. They were then approved.
King County Sheriff’s Report: No report was provided this month.
Fire District 40 Report: No report was provided this month. We would like to send a big thank you to the fire department for sending one of their trucks to our Neighborhood Night Out Ice Cream Social earlier this month.
Bookkeeper/Treasurer Report: Joy reviewed and explained some items on the balance sheet. She reported she received 4 demand letters this month for properties with sales pending. There were some legal bills received this month. They will be passed on to the delinquent homeowners involved. A had a quick review and discussion of our insurance policy which is up for renewal and a decision was made to renew it for the next 3 years without making any changes. Joy will make payment on it this month.
Landscaping Report: Rob reported that at this time he is pleased with the work Malone’s is doing for us and about half of the items of concern he reviewed with Amanda have now been done. The rest will be completed shortly as well as the ongoing concerns we’ve had in the past addressed. A discussion was held regarding arborist consultation. Rob will explain the process for these concerns to the homeowners at the Annual Meeting. We encourage everyone to attend.
Rob will also be discussing proposed landscaping improvements for the Sport Court, with work starting in the spring.
Architectural Report: Heidi was not present to give us a full report; however there was at least one request for approval on a home being repainted. It is pending as homeowners choose the colors for approval. Chris reported that he had cleared several small trees and brush from the greenbelt that were encroaching on one of the homes. A further inspection will be done to insure everything is now in order.
There are two homes in Woodward with major compliance issues. Dale will be discussing this with them in an effort to get them corrected.
- Stop/Yield sign in The Gables – Dale will be sending a letter.
- Sport Court improvements – Chris has located and will be purchasing a bucket at the Sport Court to place the recently purchase play equipment.
- Review current liens/delinquencies – A demand letter will be sent to all delinquent homeowners to bring accounts current, or make arrangements to do so prior to these accounts being turned over to a collection agency.
- Update on National Night out/Ice Cream Social – There was a very large turnout for this fun event, including several firemen and a fire truck from District 40. Everyone, especially the children had a wonderful time and there was plenty ice cream for everyone. We even had several well behaved dogs at the event! We want to thank Fire District 40 for coming with their truck and Chris Rodrigues for purchasing the very popular ice cream. Michael from the Firewood Flyer attended as well, so look for pictures of the event in the September issue. Thank you Michael.
- Approve annual meeting notice – A review was done. There are a few changes to be made prior to sending it to the homeowners.
- Approve annual meeting proxy/ballot – A review was done and approved. We encourage all homeowners who will not be able to attend the annual meeting to review this ballot, complete it, and get it to one of the Board members, since there are some important issues on it this year.
- Approve annual meeting agenda – Work is still being done on the agenda.
- Send out meeting notice, agenda, proxy, 2012 budget – This will be mailed out by the middle of September.
- Plan Halloween fun night – Chris and Heidi will be planning this event along with two other homeowners. This is a favorite neighborhood event and we encourage everyone (even if you aren’t a kid!) to show up for the festivities and red carpet appearance by our costumed children. It will be held at 6:00 on Wednesday, October 31st at the Sport Court. More on this later!
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30pm The Board meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of every month. The next Board meeting will be held on September 25th at 7:00pm at Nativity Lutheran Church. Residents are encouraged to attend.