August 28, 2007

Elliott Farm Homeowner Association

August 28th, 2007

 

The Meeting was called to order at 7:05 by Dale Prior

 

Board Members present:   Dale Prior, Joyce Keil, Mike Churchill, and Also present, Joy Church, Bookkeeper, Becky Wruble, and Dave Keil

 

King County Sheriff’s Department: Not Present

 

Fire District #40 Report: Jerry Johnson- People should be careful with the kids going back to school and going across cross walks.

It is important to make sure that you chimneys and furnaces are clean.

 

Financial Report – Joy Church:  1 homeowner still owes homeowner dues.

 

Committee Reports: 

 

Treasurer Report: Mike Churchill- Mike did the budget for 2007-2008. This was approved.

We will reallocate $1500 to legal fees for a lawyer to advise us on the HDR Pipeline.

 

Landscaping: Rob Wick

The issues with the sprinkler system have been resolved.  The turf is now doing much better.  In addition, Rob has gotten a quote from Malone’s regarding irrigation work that we should consider when money allows. Many of the heads in the Gables are now too low, due to the ground settling over the last 9 years. It is not urgent to do this project, but something that will need to be done in the future.

Regarding quotes for the entrance, Rob has not received it yet from Malone’s. He will do that in a couple of weeks, so that we can review it and decide what to do.

Joyce got a bid on new play equipment for the play area in the Gables. This was added to the Proxy that will be sent out to the neighborhood. The equipment is outdated and it would be an improvement for the Elliott Farm community.

Joyce is going to call Murray Franklin to see about getting info on who did the sport court. It has been difficult finding someone who does this kind of work and we are not sure what exactly needs to be done.

 

Architectural: John Wruble

1-One request for a shed was submitted and approved.

2-A homeowner in Woodward put in an iron gate and did not submit an ACC request.

3-There was a car fire in the Gables and it did some damage to the street. Joyce will call the fire department to see if we can get info on this. We may need to contact the county to have it repaired.

 

New Business:  IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Issue #1

HDR is an engineering firm planning the proposed new water pipeline for Cascade Water Alliance. They are suggesting the pipeline be constructed through some Elliott Farms property. They are currently suggesting a temporary easement and will be at the Annual Meeting to discuss. This is strictly informational and no decisions will be made.

Issue #2

We will also be discussing the possible replacement of the outdated and worn out play equipment at the Tot Park. An opinion poll will be taken.

It is important that you all understand how these two issues affect all of us.

 

The Annual Meeting is scheduled for October 23rd. Homeowners are urged to attend. We need people to join the board.

Any questions please contact:

Dale Prior (President) 425-226-6712

 

Meeting adjourned at 8:55. New meeting will be
September 25th at Nativity Lutheran Church.